Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
  Hastings Street/PNE Nest, Vancouver - 2015 - 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, May 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM EDT  
karenbills

ATTENTION: David Hancock is seeking info on what cam work or modification to nests needs to be done later this season when the eagles are away on migration. I just posted his message here:

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=982190#982190

Any replies are to be sent to me at karen@hancockwildlife.org which I will pass on to David. Thanks for your input.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Steamer (offline) on Monday, May 22 2017 @ 04:22 PM EDT  
Steamer

All is going well at the Hastings/PNE nest on this hot Victoria Day Sunny

Like I said early on the canopy above was a nice touch with the new nest especially as seen today with the 2 big kids relaxing under the natural sun shade above next to Ma Hastings Cool

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, May 24 2017 @ 12:43 AM EDT  
karenbills

ATTENTION: Mark Saturday, July 8th, on your calendar for FledgeFest 2017, at Hancock Wildlife in Surrey, BC. Details to come later but we wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they have to make travel plans. Stay tuned to the HWF website.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Steamer (offline) on Wednesday, May 24 2017 @ 06:06 PM EDT  
Steamer

I drove over at the peak of the windstorm last night and for the most part the new nest held up pretty good to the big blast Windy - hold on

The nest did have some branches on the west side that were hanging off from the rest of the nest. Other than that the 2 big kids were staying low and would occasionally flap about in the wind well being watched by Ma Hastings who was very close by.

I suspect the pair will do some "site maintenance" today now that things have settled down Nodding yes

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Friday, May 26 2017 @ 06:57 PM EDT  
stim

We were in the neighbourhood on Wednesday so dropped by for a quick photo op. Yes Stan, sticks and leaves down wherever I looked. This large branch came down from one of the cottonwood trees our couple used to nest in. Oh My
Click on image to download

Ma was busy looking all around up in their nest. No kiddies to report but we were on a stop and go mission, no time to wait for a better photo op. I'm just thrilled to have seen her.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Friday, May 26 2017 @ 07:00 PM EDT  
stim

She's been into something dirty around her beak. Perhaps dried blood from a good feed. Dunno Can click the picture bigger x 2.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Friday, May 26 2017 @ 10:44 PM EDT  
karenbills

Okay, I have posted all the details about our upcoming FledgeFest on Saturday, July 8th, from 2 PM - 6 PM here:

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=985804#985804

Please let me know if you will be attending so that I can add your name to the guest list on that same page.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Steamer (offline) on Saturday, May 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM EDT  
Steamer

Boy have the kids grown......... some good views last night and Annemie should have some pictures to share down the road.

Even with the wind damage to the west side of the nest there is still enough room for these large eaglets to get around and find a place to sit Cool

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:54 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate