Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
  Hastings Street/PNE Nest, Vancouver - 2015 - 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, March 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM EST  
Jean

7:18pm.......That is great news Heather! Fingers crossed for a positive year for this pair...............nest looks pretty strong!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Sunday, March 13 2016 @ 03:11 PM EDT  
karenbills

Scott - I fixed your .jpgs so that they would show. You forgot to click on the 'File' tag above the message box where you write your post. Then you have to insert a 1, 2 or 3 between the brackets.

So does this mean you found an osprey in the Hastings nest?!?! If so, how were you able to get a picture of the nest like that from the ground? Didn't Ma and Pa Hastings chase off the intruder? Please give us more details. Thanks.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, March 14 2016 @ 12:16 AM EDT  
karenbills

I am organizing a 'Spring Break Lunch with the Bunch' for next Monday, the 21st, for our local members. David Hancock and I hope that some of our newer members will join us. We'd love to meet you and have you meet some of the other 'eagleholics' in the HWF family. For more information as to time and place please email me at karen@hancockwildlife.org I will decide where to have it when I have a better idea of who all is interested in attending.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: gemini (offline) on Monday, March 14 2016 @ 11:56 AM EDT  
gemini

Karen, I think the osprey scaps posted by Scott are strays from the Dunedin Osprey thread. I suspect the forum gremlins have been at work again!

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, March 14 2016 @ 02:09 PM EDT  
karenbills

Oh thanks, Sharon for that info. As an admin could you please move them over to the correct thread then. I don't know how to do that. Then you can also remove my comment.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: stim (offline) on Monday, March 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM EDT  
stim

Heather thank you for posting the possibility of an egg or eggs at Hastings! WooHoo This is a wonderful time of year to hear positive news from so many nests.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sctth4 (offline) on Monday, March 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM EDT  
sctth4

the nest surviived last nights wind, was disappointed to see both eagles in tree but not in he nest. after a couple of minutes the femae settled in to the nest. disappointment that it turned out t be on osprey i look forward to chicks coming back. fingers are still crossed ongetting my view back, theres a certain branch when leaves come might completely block me.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Monday, March 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM EDT  
urban Eagle

wave Friends of these Eagles,
I stopped in at Hastings after my interview with CTV at Strathcona. As i pulled into the parking lot I was sure i could see a white head in the nest.
When I was here last wed. with Heather and Stu as Heather reported that the Eagle flew into the nest and hunkered down to get out of the weather.
I think she hunkered down and laid her first egg. The nest serves mainly one purpose to our Eagles , a safe place to raise their young and are rarely in it other wise.
Whether or not it was Wed. ,She is defiantly sitting on an egg now .
Click on image to download
cheers
LSitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Mission

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:25 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate