The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
  Hastings Street/PNE Nest, Vancouver - 2015 - 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: Steamer (offline) on Wednesday, June 17 2015 @ 07:28 PM EDT  
Steamer

I got very emotional after seeing the last picture folks....

As we reluctantly drove away last night I know for me and Annemie it was like sitting on the beach watching a boat heading straight for the rocks knowing full well someone was going to be killed...no survivors..... and being helpless to do anything about it or prevent it. Emotionally that's the problem today I'm trying to deal with.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Wednesday, June 17 2015 @ 09:10 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Steamer and Annemie....That had to be one of the hardest things you ever have done, to leave knowing. Oh Jason too! It's not fair at all. I hope you realize you did what you could and for that it was the best you could. Please count on that statement as a way to take some solace. i hope you never have to face such a moment again with eaglets. You did the best you could, remember and for that I hope blessings shower on you over the next few days to help you recover.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Wednesday, June 17 2015 @ 10:09 PM EDT  
Steamer

Quote by: Woodlands Bleu

Steamer and Annemie....That had to be one of the hardest things you ever have done, to leave knowing. Oh Jason too! It's not fair at all. I hope you realize you did what you could and for that it was the best you could. Please count on that statement as a way to take some solace. i hope you never have to face such a moment again with eaglets. You did the best you could, remember and for that I hope blessings shower on you over the next few days to help you recover.
carolyn

Those were very thoughtful, touching and healing words Carolyn Cry Hanky Thank you so much and yes that will help hug

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Thursday, June 18 2015 @ 01:05 AM EDT  
karenbills

I'm sitting here reading all this and looking at the last pictures of the doomed eaglet with tears in my eyes. No words left to express our sorrow.

Thanks to everyone who did what they could. Sometimes that's not enough as it's out of our hands.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, June 18 2015 @ 03:19 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

i couldn't sleep and i decided to peek in here...............I am inCrysad

Stan and Annemie....... I am speechless... Big hugs You know you did all you could and the rest is out of our control.................. my thoughts and prayers are with you and all love this nest.............Big hugsCry

It is at times like this i am reminded of quote by Martin Luther King

We must accept finite disappointment but we must never lose infinite hope....

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, June 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM EDT  
elle

Oh no! It has just registered that both eaglets were lost at this nest. Such a week for tragedy. I am so very sorry . My condolences to everyone.

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Thursday, June 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM EDT  
stim

This is devastating news. The pictures by Jean, Heather and Annemie are difficult to look at but give us a good sense of what has gone on. I can't imagine watching that poor let trying to lie down, witnessing its fall to a lower branch, knowing the need to lie down went with it. The outpouring of emotions our ground support team have gone through must be overwhelming, along with the adrenalin rushes experienced. I know you still have the Lafarge/Pandora babes to follow but rest, take care of you during this time.
The team effort involved touches me, from HWF involvement to OWL to the PNE ground staff. It helps a broken heart start to heal. Thank you all.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Thursday, June 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM EDT  
karenbills

In case anyone from the PNE grounds is reading this, I'd like to thank the Horticulture Manager for contacting me for more information. He in turn gave me some contact numbers at the PNE for future reference, which I have now sent to Annemie and Stan so they will also have them.

It's wonderful to see the community spirit displayed when these tragedies occur.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:25 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate