The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary Osprey 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, September 18 2014 @ 07:28 AM EDT  
jkr

Thursday September 18, 2014

Today
Mainly cloudy. High 23C.
Tonight
Clearing near midnight. Low 10C.

Christine, your pictures are beautiful and I'm so happy you and your Mom are out enjoying the wildlife. Your weather has certainly been perfect for those type of day trips.

It always amazes me that birds have the ability to turn their heads like that without it bothering them.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, September 18 2014 @ 11:07 AM EDT  
Bluebird1

Good morning Calgary fans. wave

We've had fabulous weather of late in which to continue the clean-up of trees from our "wintry" summer storm. There has been more debris collected than after last year's flood and there are still piles of leaves to be picked up all over Calgary and most of our parks remain closed at this time.

The good news is that the trees will be turned into mulch and not deposited in landfill, or so I understand.

Thank you for those wonderful Osprey pictures,Christine, they are marvelous and a sight for sore eyes. Grin

I am unable to bring up the cam this morning, is anyone else having trouble? I do hope that it hasn't been turned off already.

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, September 18 2014 @ 11:17 AM EDT  
BET

Good Morning All

JD I just have the black screen with the circle of doom. Not promising.

Christine - Great photos. Thank you for sharing

Judy, is the strike over? I hope so.

I guess it's a wait and see regarding the cam.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, September 18 2014 @ 04:50 PM EDT  
BET

2:45pm nest time

EnMax posted this on their intro to the nest cam

September update: It was quite a year, but with the weather turning colder, the osprey have abandoned the nest, headed south and the trout in the Bow and Elbow rivers are once again able to swim in peace.

We will be turning off the camera soon, but please check out the gallery below for a look at some of the milestones from 2014.

Thank you for tuning into the osprey cam this past season and sharing the fun with us. We hope that, just like the osprey, you too will return next spring.

I did not see any Gallery - so maybe they are still working on it/

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, September 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Well, Bet, that certainly sounds like an end to our season here. In all fairness to Enmax. they had more power outages last week than during our flood and some people were without out power for a week - some may still be for all I know.

It was another good year here though and I thank Enmax and the Calgary Zoo for bringing us this wonderful experience and Hancock Wildlife for providing us with the Forum and last but not least all of you who posted here this year and who have come to love and admire this osprey family and the species in general as much as I do. hug

I love looking back on other years, it's fun to check out the archives in the dead of winter, which who knows, may be here next week. Green LOL

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, September 18 2014 @ 07:54 PM EDT  
BET

5:50pm I just checked again to see what the gallery might be - no gallery, but the cam is up and running to an empty nest!!!

Click on image to download

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: amd (offline) on Friday, September 19 2014 @ 12:25 AM EDT  
amd

Wow Christine those are so beautiful.....thank you for sharing them here with us.....gorgeous close-
ups....it truly is incredible to what extreme osprey can turn their heads!

Thank you JD and BET for the updates and reports.....cam is streaming tonight....orange hue on our oh so empty nest....
10:20 pm
Click on image to download

Good night everyone. JD, I am not thrilled about your joking about winter being here next week!!! No way....Green LOL yes, yes....I know it's Calgary. Anything is possible as we know ....Grin

Michelle

Forum

Calgary, AB Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 19 2014 @ 06:38 AM EDT  
jkr

Friday September 19, 2014

Today
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud late in the afternoon. Wind west 30 km/h. High 21C
Tonight
Partly cloudy. Becoming clear late in the evening. Wind west 30 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 7C.

Yes BET, the BC teacher strike finally came to an end at about 9:30 p.m. last night. Today will be an extremely busy one while we help teachers prepare for Monday start up, but I'm certainly not going to miss standing on a picket line day after day......... but I did get a nice tan this year because of it. Grin

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 01:25 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate