The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary Osprey 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 07:36 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

When indeed, Bet ? And as nice as your horse is, and what a wonderful story, if the egg hatches it is pure Calgary Gold!! This is hardlly California weather, is it??

The good news is it is still zero and our osprey is still visible between the snowbanks. The bad news is there is more snow and cold to come. How much, nobody knows.

I think it is Mom that has been snuggled on the egg a long while now. I saw an egg check and roll at 4:21 pm, hopefully there was more than one in the past hour and a half

I am worried about the next egg too. I think tonight is supposed to be the coolest of the weekend but...Puzzled
Meanwhile it is warm but windy at Hellgate and I think Iris is afraid to lay eggs for fear of what Stan will do....

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 07:54 PM EDT  
BET

Yes, it's Mom on the nest currently. She has been snuggled down tight for quite awhile. I keep checking her shoulder and spine area for contractions. So far haven't seen any. Keeping my fingers crossed fingers crossed I'm too old to have sleepless nights worrying about something I can't do anything about anyway.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 08:31 PM EDT  
BET

6:30pm

Current status
Click on image to download

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 08:56 PM EDT  
lilywriter

It is getting ridiculous and the weathermen say we are supposed to get another 5 cm or almost 2 inches.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 09:08 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Your scap says it all, Bet. Mom is disappearing, but not quickly. Her head is what I see moving most but I'm about wiped here. We just have to hope Mom and Dad survive this dreadful weather. I don't even want to think about the poor little bluebirds and tree swallows, etc. on my bluebird trail. Sad

Meanwhile up north in Whitehorse it is a balmy 14C. It is -1 here now and may be colder at the river. Puzzled

I wonder how Janet made out today. There have been a few fender-benders but worse out on the highways of course.

Oh no I just saw the forecast and Mon and Tuesday are colder so all of this may be in vain. Would you believe -4 and -7 overnight. What a year to lay eggs early! Cry

7:02 pm Mom is up, looks around and checks her egg. And Dad is in on her back, successful. Mom flaps the snow off. Wish we could tell her to give it up now and get outta Dodge.

Hi Christine. Yes, I heard we already have had 20 cm, guess it varies but that is a lot.

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 09:19 PM EDT  
BET

Here are the images from Dad's 11 second interlude

Mom stood up - to stretch? or shake off the snow? Within seconds of her standing in swoops Dad - mates - leaves. He did have a bit of a problem staying on her wet slippery back - but he got the job done.

After his departure, Mom stepped out of the bowl giving us a view of the bowl. Looks like still only one egg.

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 09:20 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi everyone.... I haven't checked in here for a while - wow - and (((((hugs))))).

It does get very cold at some of the eagle nests - and eggs still hatch - but this does look challenging. Sending nice warm thoughts their way. love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 09:48 PM EDT  
lilywriter

7:47 pm Looks like dad on the nest

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:21 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate