https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: beans (offline) on Friday, May 09 2014 @ 07:24 PM EDT  
beans

On the Hancock cams site, the video window shows "Archives" at the top. Can one hunt for past streaming video here? For example, if one missed something important that happened on May 1 at 5 PM, can one search by time and date?

Or does one go to the WildEarth site to do this.

I have been unsuccessful at both sites. Is there a tutorial?

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, May 09 2014 @ 09:20 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi beans! Others are better at this than me - but I think if you go to the WIldEarth site http://beta.wildearth.tv/, then click the Archive link at the top (or go there directly via http://beta.wildearth.tv/video-archives), you can choose the cam from the dropdown list on the left, and choose the time interval from the dropdown list on the right:

Click on image to download

I chose Harrison Mills North and every 30 minutes and got this:

Click on image to download

I have seen a tutorial somewhere at WildEarth, but am not finding it at the moment.

Hopefully this will get you started - it you have other questions please post or let me know.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: LeslieHanlon (offline) on Wednesday, May 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM EDT  
LeslieHanlon

I am using an iMac with Safari. I get the chat but I can't get any cams. I also want to use my iPad but the mac is more important. Can you help me.
Thank you

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, May 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM EDT  
jkr

Hi Leslie. Welcome to HWF.
You shouldn't have a problem with the cams loading from our live cam page but they do take awhile to load at times. index.php?topic=cam-sites
I know that you are likely using Safari browser but can I also suggest that you download the Firefox browser for Mac. Some of us seem to have better luck with it.
When the cam window comes up make certain to click the arrow shown in the middle of the screen. You will see an ad run and then a few moments later the cam should appear.

I do use our live cam page to watch the cams on my iPad and iPhone and so far haven't run into any issues, unless it happens to be a time when we're having problems with the servers, which has been happening frequently the past while which is very unfortunate.

Another suggestion is to try watching our cams from WildEarth's web page http://www.wildearth.tv/livecams if you are still having a problem.

Don't hesitate to let us know if that works for you.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Watcher in the Woods (offline) on Saturday, May 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM EDT  
Watcher in the Woods

Hi Judy

For 2 days I have been unable to access the White Rock cams (either one). I log on, the commercial comes on. After the commercial I get a triangle or the moving circle of dots. Then nothing. I do seem to be able to get the Delta cam to work so far. Can you suggest what I might do to access the White Rock nest as it is the one I have been watching the most - from egg, to hatching, and now to early eaglehood.

thanks
Sher

"The way you do anything is the way you do everything"
Our support of HWF provides us the privilege of viewing this amazing process!

Forum

Halfmoon Bay,
Sunshine Coast, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: enchantedeagles (offline) on Saturday, May 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM EDT  
enchantedeagles

I am unable to connect to any of the live cams on my pc or my tablets over the last 24 hours. The commercials do play, then nothing. My pc is win 7 on chrome, latest version. My flash is also the latest version, all cache have been cleaned. Plus, forum discussion is stuck on Ducky121's post at 10:44AM May 17,2014, nothing new since then. I have had no problems, except the occassional internet burps, since changing to the new format until today. I am on the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD tablets. For awhile there I was also able to get the cams on the old version pages, but not now. They may have finally been discontinued, not sure. It is now 6:03 pm CDST, May 17. Will see if this goes through, fingers crossed. Let me add, it is the White Rock cams that I connect to on the cams.

JudyM

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, May 18 2014 @ 09:34 AM EDT  
jkr

Hi enchantedeagles,
I'm not a Windows user so I'm not much help to you there but hopefully one of the other Admins can help you.
However, on a side note, the White Rock cams were down most of Saturday. Ken, or cam tech, is checking into the problem. Either there has been a power outage or the cable company has had a problem.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: beans (offline) on Sunday, May 18 2014 @ 01:03 PM EDT  
beans

I appreciate JudyB's response to my question about the Archives. I have indeed found them and was able to watch a clip. Noted that some of the clips are missing in the Archives, but I assume that is due to storage space. Or are the Archives only for clips that have been selected by viewers who saved them.

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:49 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate