https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: dskyyksd (offline) on Saturday, April 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM EDT  
dskyyksd

My security software is blocking Java JNLP from running on my computer. Unless I can find a setting to change, I can't watch HWF cams or access the HWF site. I've already allowed ads to run so I am seeing the new cam links. This is a new problem. Can anyone help me? Somehow I'm getting through to this page in the forum with a direct link, but if I try to get in any other way, I get failed extension downloads and block notices. Is HWF the someone.ca to which the block notifications refer? Thank you for any assistance. I love your cams and I don't want to be blocked from watching them! Please send a reply to dskyyksd@yahoo.com if you can because I don't know if I'll be able to get into HWF to view a reply.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, April 12 2014 @ 09:19 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, dskyyksd! I will send you an email.

I was away much of the day so am just catching up now. Karen has put in a call to our tech team, and they'll be checking as soon as they can. There is more information here - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=637156#637156 - and I would encourage everyone who can access that thread to post any additional information there, so it is in one place when the person with the most experience with this sort of issue gets back to his computer.

Thanks for your help, and keeping fingers crossed that we'll have this resolved soon.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, April 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks to an email from one of our views, we've discovered another issue that folks may encounter - if you see a white square or rectangle where the cam window should be, the most common issue involves Compatibility View (which must be off at least with some computers before you can see the cams).

She reported, and I confirmed after checking one of our older computers in the office, that you can also get white boxes if you don't have a recent version of Adobe Flash Player installed. I didn't think to check my old computer before updating the flash player to see what version it had - but whatever it was, once I updated to the current version, all was golden.

I haven't heard back from her yet - but hopefully that will work for her as well. I've added that to Solutions to Cam Problems - forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=626999

Also, mostly as a reminder to me when I send my next email to Peter - I've noticed that sometimes when I open a cam, the mute box will have a line through it when the ad starts - but there will be sound anyway. So I need to click the mute box twice to mute the ad.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, April 23 2014 @ 09:38 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Today has been just awful for trying to keep the cams streaming. One time today, it took 12 times
of restarting them to get them to stay on. I really haven't been having much trouble with keeping
the cams going but today has been a real challenge. They go off at the most inopportune times.
I know techs were going to be looking in to this........any progress?

Even though I haven't had a whole lot of trouble, others have. I updated Flash player this morning
but don't think that is the problem.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, April 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM EDT  
JudyB

Annie, I have been mostly watching Lafarge today, and have only had major problems in the last half hour or so - am I understanding that it's been not working well for you most of the day?

I've sent an email to the tech team - hopefully they'll be able to resolve things. It's getting late here and morning will come early so I'm not sure I can stay awake to wait for a reply.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, April 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Thank you Judy. Yes, most of the day and just now it has gone off four times(!) in 10 minutes. Most
of the time today I have to listen to the ads twice before I get the cam. As we speak they are off again
after about two minutes run time.

I sure don't want to miss the bobble breaking free of the egg.

Don't worry, I know it's late at your home. I'll cross my fingers, the wee one waits until tomorrow
and I won't have these problems.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, April 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, Annie - Lafarge has been pretty good most of the day for me, then had a really horrible spell, and is now staying up for at least a few minutes at a time. Not sure who to ask about this - usually when all of our cams go down together it's a WildEarth issue, but not always. Keeping finger crossed that things start improving - just saw the pip at White Rock, and I do think it's getting close!

It is late here, and I'm not sure what else I can do tonight - will try to check in with Peter in the morning, when it's still night in BC.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, April 23 2014 @ 11:55 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Thank you Judy. I finally gave up and put the WE page up and voila! no problems. I just hope
that tomorrow there will be some resolution to the HWF issue. The way it's been, there's no
use trying to keep them up........just spinning my wheels.

Hope you have a Good NIght. Talk tomorrow.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:49 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate