The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, April 04 2014 @ 06:32 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: terrytvgal

the date time stamp on the grey bar at the top of the Lafarge side View cam can't be read...NO

this has now be FIXED~~ ClappingThank You My poor eyes and I thank you Very Much!
Click on image to download

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Sandy (offline) on Saturday, April 05 2014 @ 05:09 PM EDT  
Sandy

Hi

I was wondering if someone can please give me some assistance. I have windows 8.1 on my laptop and use chrome. I have no problem opening the eagle cams but I have no volume. When I try and adjust the volume the volume control disappears.
Please, if someone could guide me through this process, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.

Maggie 1

aka Maggie1

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, April 05 2014 @ 06:37 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: Maggie1

Hi

I was wondering if someone can please give me some assistance. I have windows 8.1 on my laptop and use chrome. I have no problem opening the eagle cams but I have no volume. When I try and adjust the volume the volume control disappears.
Please, if someone could guide me through this process, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.

Maggie 1

Hi Maggie
I've not tried to use the volume control on the player -- I will try using it and see if I have problems too. I have found that adjusting the Volume from my Desktop works .

EDIT:
I see what you mean, Maggie. Frustrating !! It works like the time-date stamp which only appears on the screen when you put your mouse onto the player. It's tricky to use when the slider keeps disappearing.

It should look like this when you have your mouse pointer on the player (mine is black so it's not very easy to see but it is at the bottom right near the volume icon)

The Volume slider works for me but does keep disappearing.. I don't know if there is a way to keep the volume control visible --- that is a question for JudyB-- who would likely have to ask the folks working on the player at Wild Earth.

My best suggestion is to set the volume slider to the top and if that is too loud, use the volume setting on your computer to set the volume you like.

I hope that helps. At least you know it's not just you having a problem. --Cheers! Terry

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, April 05 2014 @ 09:20 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi Maggie and Terry wave

The problem adjusting the sound is a "known issue" for Chrome and Safari. The folks at WIldEarth are trying to fix it - but until they succeed, there's a work-around in the "Solutions to Cam Viewing Problems" thread - here's the link - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=627073#627073

If anyone finds a better work-around, please let me know! Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Sandy (offline) on Sunday, April 06 2014 @ 11:04 AM EDT  
Sandy

Good morning fellow eagle watchers
This morning I opened the cams for Delta and Harrison and no problems with the volume. I then tried white rock and no volume. Not sure if there is an issue with White Rock or just me.

Thanks and have a great day.

Maggie 1

aka Maggie1

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, April 06 2014 @ 11:16 AM EDT  
JudyB

Hi Maggie - glad that helped! White Rock does sometimes have issues with sound - I'll try to check later this morning, but have a ton of things to get done this weekend - and the weekend is flying by!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Sandy (offline) on Sunday, April 06 2014 @ 11:39 AM EDT  
Sandy

Hi Judy B

Please pass on my thanks to everyone involved in resolving the issues with the cams. It is very obvious, from reading the forums on a daily basis, that everyone has been working long hours and I for one appreciate their help. Without their dedication and love of the eagles, we would not have the opportunity to be able to view these magnificent birds of prey. Let's put it this way, if it came to the point that we, as viewers, would have to pay to view the nests, you could count me in.

Maggie 1
Still surrounded by snow in Newfoundland and waiting for warmer days.

aka Maggie1

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, April 06 2014 @ 05:32 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, Maggie - I will!

(I'm in Maine - snow is melting - and being replaced with mud. But our valiant crocuses are beginning to pop up on the sheltered side of the house.)

I've noticed that when the cams stop streaming, and show a partial circle with an arrow in the middle, when I click that, the cam sometimes will restart without my needing to reload the whole page - useful if I'm viewing a page with two cams, and the other one is still streaming. However, doing that frequently does cause the initial ad to play - and sometimes when I do that, if I've moved the edges of my browser window to close to the edges of the cam viewing area, the cam comes back with slide bars on the side or bottom or both:

The full viewing area was there before I clicked the restart (or whatever it is) button in the middle.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:25 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate