https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Update to our Cam Pages
 |  Printable Version
By: gemini (offline) on Thursday, April 03 2014 @ 06:36 PM EDT  
gemini

ducky121 - What you are looking at are the "toolbars." What you need to do is go to "Tools" on your FF menu.

To bring up your FF menu:

1. Click on the FireFox icon (1) in the upper left hand corner and you will see this menu come up

2. Hover your mouse over "Options" (2) in the right hand column and
Click on image to download

3. click on "menu bar" (3)

4. The Firefox menu appears:

File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help

5. Click on Tools and In the dropdown menu under Tools at the bottom you will see Adblock Plus, hover your mouse over Adblock Plus to bring up the disable options. Check the box next to "disable on Hancock wildlife.org"

If that doesn't work let me know and I will see if I can figure it out!

That should do it.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, April 03 2014 @ 07:12 PM EDT  
Pat B

I was chatting to Bairbre from Toronto.
She says how pleased she is with the new cam - how clear it is.
Then she tried to get it on her iphone - and a message popped up - you need Flash - so she tried to get Flash and it wouldn't let her.
She is going to wait till she is near her Apple Shop - a man there sorts this sort of thing out.
In the meantime I will read back over the pages here - I'm sure this must have come up before
Night night All Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, April 03 2014 @ 07:22 PM EDT  
JudyB

The Apple Shop is probably the way to go - but she shouldn't need Flash on her iPhone - the software should know she has an iPhone and switch to the alternate program (which I'm forgetting at present, but it's better for mobile devices).

I am planning to make a list to email to Peter - but that will probably be a job for the weekend!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 04 2014 @ 08:50 AM EDT  
jkr

All cams are streaming to iPhones this morning with the exception of Delta2. Still getting "The requested URL was not found on this server" even with the new embedded setup.
All working fine on iPad.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, April 04 2014 @ 09:47 AM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, Judy!

I've heard that some people are having trouble getting both Delta cams to stream at the same time - which is a problem I've occasionally had at Harrison Mills. It may be best to open two windows and have one cam running in each - that way you can reload one of the cam pages without the other one stopping too. With the Harrison Mills cams, I find that once one cam is streaming, I can reload the other page once or twice - and that usually gets the second cam streaming.

I am hoping that clicking the spinning circle or pause and play will eventually let us restart the stream without reloading the page - like clicking Live Stream did with the old format cam pages. Peter is aware of the problem, and does agree it is a problem.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: ducky121 (offline) on Friday, April 04 2014 @ 10:09 AM EDT  
ducky121

gemini thank you so much. it was very helpful!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: ducky121 (offline) on Friday, April 04 2014 @ 10:57 AM EDT  
ducky121

sorry to be a pest, but I get flash or plug in crashes on fire fox, never had them this frequently, is there something I need to do?

does anyone know if these cams should time out?

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Friday, April 04 2014 @ 02:36 PM EDT  
gemini

by ducky 121 sorry to be a pest, but I get flash or plug in crashes on fire fox, never had them this frequently, is there something I need to do?

does anyone know if these cams should time out?

Hi ducky 121, Glad I was able to help you and as far as I know these cams are not set up to time out.

Sorry I can't help you with your Flash problem. I have been battling with flash crashes for over a year now - in all the browsers I have tried. Don't know what to suggest. Some days are worse than others. But my problem may be related to the fact I haven't been able to update flash to the latest version for the last 4 or 5 updates. (my computer just won't recognize a new version!)

It is usually always best to have the latest version - have you checked to see if your version of Flash is the latest?

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:25 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate