The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Karenbills in hospital
 |  Printable Version
By: Darlene (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM EST  
Darlene

Quote by: sunshinecoast

Hi everyone, I phoned Karen today as it has been a week since I spoke to her. It was a short call as she has caught the same bug that's been going around that David, Mary and others have had. She is coughing a lot and finds that the food she's trying to eat doesn't taste that good. She'd ordered a pizza and it arrived during our conversation so I said goodbye to her. I hope that Karen enjoyed the pizza.

Karen apologises to whomever called her today as she was alone in the house and wasn't able to answer the phone. (Keith was out for a short time picking up some items.) Karen thanked everyone for their well wishes. Karen also said that David is still not over his "bug" and is not answering phone calls.

Sending Big hugs to Karen but I know that she's unable to read the forum right now. Sending Big hugs for David & Mary also.

Marg

Sending hugs your way Karen. It was me that called today. I will call again tomorrow!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM EST  
Jean

Oh dear Karen, so sad to hear things are really not well for you. I have been going to phone you every day for some time now but every time I check this site I get news that tells me to hold off until you are better.....................soon though. Thanks to all the people here who are keeping us up to date!

David and Mary, please take time for yourself...................get well soon.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM EST  
elle

Hi Jean/mjb: I sent you a PM. Smile

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, December 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM EST  
stim

Oh my Karen, so sorry to hear of a cold/flu on top of your post surgical physical limitations! Now we need to hope that Keith keeps healthy! It sounds like a nasty bug to get rid of. Cyber hugs all around, to you, David, Mary and to Keith for being there with and for you.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, December 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM EST  
Jean

3;15pm..................Hi everyone! I just spoke with Karen and she sends many thanks and big eagle hugs Sitting eagle hug to all for the good wishes, phone calls and kind gestures from you all! It was actually the bottom of her leg bone that had the surgery and it does look like quite a long recovery period for her, unfortunately. It is difficult to not be able to get around easily now but Keith is there for a while longer and that will help. Karen is not reading emails but will take phone calls................she would love to hear from you!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Sunday, December 15 2013 @ 11:29 PM EST  
terrytvgal

Still not up to scratch myself, But Sending Huge Hugs to Karen ---Please if anyone talks to her send my best wishes her way! hug

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, December 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Thank you Marg, Jean & All for the updates on Karen.

How awful to get the flu on top of everything else! I sure hope Keith doesn't
come down with the bug. Please let her know I send love, hugs and prayers for healing.

Sending Get Well wishes to David & Mary!

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Kit (offline) on Wednesday, December 18 2013 @ 01:28 AM EST  
Kit

Hello Karen,
Terri told me that you broke your leg/ankle at the festival, had surgery, and can't go to see your brother, so he came to see you. Wow, so sorry and I'm sending strength and prayers for a successful recovery. I also understand that you aren't able to even do email yet. I can't imagine your pain, and I really can't imagine David without your daily help!

I know it is hard for you to take this time to heal and let others help , but like it or not, now is the time to really take care of YOU. I'm so glad to hear that you have so many "helpers", I just wish Terri & I could be there for you too. You have always been there for everyone else. You sure made our trip up to Canada a fabulous one, with many wonderful memories and new friends.

Take care my friend, Merry Christmas, and here's to a healing new year!

We are beginning Patriot's memorial. I'll attach a foto of the boulder bench we are constructing for the middle of the labyrinth/garden. And of course a foto of LIberty and her new beau, Spirit.
Kit

Click on image to download

Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:05 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate