Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Karenbills in hospital
 |  Printable Version
By: Marg (offline) on Sunday, December 08 2013 @ 02:20 PM EST  
Marg

Thanks elle for your update. I thought I would check here before I called Karen so I will call another time.

hugwave

Marg

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: SandyB (offline) on Sunday, December 08 2013 @ 05:35 PM EST  
SandyB

Hi everyone

Karen says thank you for all the well wishes. Unfortunately this will be a long recovery. As the doctors say she will not be getting a walking cast due to the type of break in her leg. Actually she broke the bottom (distal) area of her fibula.

Sandy B

Forum

Mission, BC, Canada

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Sunday, December 08 2013 @ 08:58 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Karen - Love, hugs and healing prayers for you my friend.

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped and is supporting Karen & Keith. Also, many thanks for
all the updates.

Thank you Pat for the information on Karen's injury. It really points out just how serious her injury is and how difficult recovery will be.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Tuesday, December 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM EST  
Jean

Thank you Ellen and Pat for all your information! I had held off contacting Karen as I figured she would be swamped, and she didn't really need that...................so I'm glad I checked back in here as I was about to email her..................or phone her.................Karen, I hope you know how much everyone is thinking about you and wishing you well..............what an unfortunate thing to have happen...................but there are a lot of people here who will help you if you need it.............including me................please just ask. Follow doctor's orders, behave yourself and get well! Now is the time to think of yourself......................we all want to see you walking and getting back to normal.................but rest time is first. Hugs!! hug And a big hello and hug to your brother for being there for you!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, December 11 2013 @ 01:59 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Cry Oh my goodness my dear friend, Karen! I am sooooo sorry to hear about your fall and serious injury to your leg?!? I just found out about this awful event today, and caught up by reading all of the pages here! I am sending you big 'ole eagle hugs and lots and lots of well wishes from all of your friends down here at the Turtle Bay nest!

I wish I lived closer my friend, so I could help you in any way possible. But, it sounds like you are surrounded by Angels up there, and that you are in very good hands. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to help?
I will let Kit know what happened, and I know she will be so upset to hear this news, too. Sad

Stay strong, rest, and allow the many people you have helped along the way to be there for you now...

Eagle hugs...Terri (Eaglewoman)

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 02:04 PM EST  
elle

I am remiss in reporting harrymilt/Harry spoke with Karen a few days ago and conditions remain pretty much the same for her. I will be calling this weekend and will update afterward.

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Marg (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM EST  
Marg

Hi everyone, I phoned Karen today as it has been a week since I spoke to her. It was a short call as she has caught the same bug that's been going around that David, Mary and others have had. She is coughing a lot and finds that the food she's trying to eat doesn't taste that good. She'd ordered a pizza and it arrived during our conversation so I said goodbye to her. I hope that Karen enjoyed the pizza.

Karen apologises to whomever called her today as she was alone in the house and wasn't able to answer the phone. (Keith was out for a short time picking up some items.) Karen thanked everyone for their well wishes. Karen also said that David is still not over his "bug" and is not answering phone calls.

Sending Big hugs to Karen but I know that she's unable to read the forum right now. Sending Big hugs for David & Mary also.

Marg

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM EST  
JudyB

Thanks for the update, Marg - and I'm keeping all of them in my thoughts and prayers.

hug

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:07 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate