You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2014 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: SueD (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 11:57 AM EDT  
SueD

Good morning, Bev, Rita and Harrison Mills friends!wave
8:52 a.m.: And oh, what a wonderful morning it is ... to be greeted by not just one, but two streaming eagle cams! Thanks to hardworking Ken and all responsible for bringing these sights and sounds to us today!Very Happy
Click on image to download

aka byline ~ 2012

Forum

Nova Scotia, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hooray!

Thank you, Rita! I must confess I hadn't even checked yet today.

It's fine to keep the embedded cams up for as long as you'd like to watch.

I don't completely understand the bandwidth issue, but to oversimplify, there's one stream that goes from each cam to WildEarth, which sends it back to our embedded page - so no matter how many people watch the embedded cams, it's only a single connection to the computer that runs the cams. When a zoomer uses one of the cams, we connect directly, so that's a second connection to the computer. If another zoomer logs in, that's a third connection. If Ken logs in to check the settings, that's a fourth connection. And there is a limit on the number of connections that can fit in that tiny wire. Smile

If you are not watching the cams, it's usually better to close the browser window - WildEarth has a much bigger "wire" - but it does cost something whenever anyone watches a cam (which is why there are ads displayed at the bottom of the screen from time to time - that's what covers the costs of streaming).

And I suspect that's more than anyone wanted to know....

Thank you, Ken!

And happy nest watching! (And hopefully there will be another visit soon!)

Added -

Hi Sue - missed your post before.

The South cam is still not behaving well for zoomers, so we're going to leave it focused on the nest - but will be moving the North cam here and there from time to time. This is a place Mom sometimes perched before getting busy with eggs and chicks, and also shows some sandbars where we might see someone.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Bravo Doing the Happy here.... Thank you Ken

Thank you Rita ,Sue and Judy B... It was so exciting to come home and see our cams streaming..... and sound too.........Love the scaps.....hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: RitaR (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM EDT  
RitaR

Wonderful! Thank you JudyB! Have to run a quick errand but when I get back I'll get the cams back up.

Forum

Oregon Coast

Profile Email   PM

By: Eagle's Nana (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM EDT  
Eagle's Nana

Quote by: IrishEyes

Hello Friends.

JudyB.... Thank you for the pictures.... good idea to post the nest picture .. it will be interesting and exciting to see when Mom and Dad Honeycomb start nestorating this season...and thank you for setting up our new nest thread.... it looks great...Clapping

You are welcome Rita R.... the fact that you and others like the pictures is appreciated.... it will be wonderful when the embedded cams are streaming and you can all view them and post your scaps for all of us to enjoy.....

I zoomed around on the N Cam.. a few scaps.......it is a gorgeous day at H Mills.. no eagle sightings......

4:06pm---4:16pm..

Hi Everyone....So good to see the cams back on. Thank you for all the continuing data and info and especially the pics of the area and nest while they were down. It kept our memories warm and our hearts looking forward to the next family that the Honeycombs will bring to us. Wonderful to see an eagle at this time. Hoping that Birdie is having a wonderful time and a full crop. Wanted to ask about the new Nest Thread. I didn't see that. Could you post again. Also, don't know if I understood correctly that we should not keep our browser on if we are not looking at the cams. Does this mean we should sign out when we are away from the computer? When do you expect the cams to be on for the gathering of eagles? I have bookmarked those sites : ) Was also glad to read recently where there are several of us "Retirees" able to enjoy all the wonderful eagles and nest sites without having to go out to work anymore. So glad to be with you all and be a part of this wonderful adventure.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

HI Eagles Nana.. You don't have to shut of your computer.... just don't keep the embedded cams on all the time unless you are watching them...

I came across the New H Mills Nest thread when i clicked on the link to Davids commensts in JudyB post here

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=567278#567278
I scrolled up on the page.....

The new thread is still locked and JudyB will let us all know when it is opened and post a link to it....

The gathering of the eagles on the Chehalis was the first week in November last season ..... i am sure we will all be keeping watch for when the Tower Cams are streaming and do our nest to keep you all posted.... we will also see lots of egles on the Harrison Mills Flats/ like we did last year around Oct. 30.... 2012.....

ADDED

I just saw your post JudyB.....very embarrassed

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks for your post, Bev - I usually do this sort of switch in the middle of the night - but am going to be busy the next few days, so thought I'd give it a try. I am sorry for any temporary confusion - and hopefully everyone will be finding their way here soon!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, September 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Very HappyThank you for the new thread JudyB....... so appropriate with an eagle sighting and the day the embedded cams are streaming...Clapping

Eagles Nana .... I did responded to your questions ..

11am
Beautiful on the flats..... we can hear the wind...... no sign of our eagles

Empty nest

BBL..........

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 03:41 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate