The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2014 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: dmitch (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 04:22 PM EDT  
dmitch

8:34am
First off, thank you David and Karen. Wonderful story about the Honeycomb pair. Incredible story!
waveHello all
Thanks for all the great captures and reports earlier during the visit to the nest.
Here is a video of the visit starting about 8:34 am.
Multiple materials were brought in by both Mom & Dad.......some sizable. There did not seem to be a problem getting these materials up to our very high nest!
There are multiple transitions as the cam was buffering a lot, and I have attempted to smooth things over.
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I hope you enjoy.
Video Camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1gSTlPG1EQ
At 6;55 on the video you will see an eagle come out of the trees on the right fairway, and pass under perched Mr H.

At the end of the video, Mr H launches down the left fairway into the trees. At that point look right, and down, and see an eagle (Mrs H?) flying up the right fairway into the trees. I could not find them perched as they were shielded from the cam by the large tree out front of the nest.
Wooh
Sorry I'm late with this............new to editing and it took 4 attempts to upload itSmile

I would suggest full screen for the video.

Dan On the shores of the Salish Sea
Please help keep the cams running. Thanks!

Forum

Salish Sea

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM EDT  
Yolande

Thanks Dan - something to watch while waiting for the cams to come up! I am sure I missed a lot of action this am while posting..

I have reported the cams down.

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: dmitch (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM EDT  
dmitch

Quote by: yojopro

Thanks Dan - something to watch while waiting for the cams to come up! I am sure I missed a lot of action this am while posting..

I have reported the cams down.

You are welcome............thanks for all the help this morning.

I will add that I saw one our eagles came out of the trees and up the right fairway into the nest. No scaps thoughSad. Perhaps that area is a territorial perch for them.One of them was seen perched in this area often last season.

Dan On the shores of the Salish Sea
Please help keep the cams running. Thanks!

Forum

Salish Sea

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 04:48 PM EDT  
Jean

1:45pm............wave....Thank you Dan, for that wonderful video! And thank you for marking those times so I could see Ma? flying around down there! It kind of shows you how they hang around each other even though they may not be seen sitting side by side during the day.

I am not able to view either cam.................both screens are showing black boxes...............tried refreshing but that did not help. Thanks for reporting them Yojopro!

hugHello Carole !.................just saw you here!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Carole (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM EDT  
Carole

wave Honeycomb Family & Friends!

Excellent video Dan and super spectacular s'caps this morning yojopro
i am impressed with Mr & Mrs. mission to renovate the nest. I don't remember them this busy last season except the many globs of moss.

It is beginning to look like an exciting season.

And how appropriate that David posted his Mrs Honeycomb story and Ma & Pa grace us with their presence.

Thank you David for the most interesting and heartwarming story of our Mom Harrison Mills Honeycomb.

wave Bev, Jean, Karen, stim, Hawthorne, and everyone that loves this eagle family.

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM EDT  
Yolande

Hi again - great video Dan! Very smooth! I took a few scaps from your video - hope you don't mind...

MrH's feet
Click on image to download

MrH focussed on something - maybe the eagle that flew under him in the video.

Hi back, Jean and Carole! Thanks! Just saw you while I was goofing around trying to get a scap from Dan's video of the eagles flying below but can't - beyond meSad

Hi SueSmile

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Excellent Video Dan.... Thank you so much and thank you yojopro for reporting the cams down....

Dan ... You should send your video to Karen for David to see....Thank You

Hey Carole , Hawthorne and Jean..

BBL

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: SueD (offline) on Sunday, October 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM EDT  
SueD

Love the video, Dan! Ditto with those amazing screencaps, yojopro! And how wonderful to have Mrs. H's life story, before she arrived here, unfold before us. It really adds perspective to what we have already experienced with this nest. I so hope for a happy, uneventful nesting season for them in 2014! Thank you, David and Karen, for sharing her story with us, and for all that you do. And, of course, thank you to OWL for all that you do! Without you, and without the person who found her and brought her to OWL, we wouldn't have Mrs. H. (How neat if the person who rescued her were to read this story!)

aka byline ~ 2012

Forum

Nova Scotia, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:57 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate