The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2014 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

7:29am
In all our excitement yesterday... i didn't mention where Mom and Dad did some work on the damaged edge of the nestSmile Taken from S Cam

Click on image to download
7:44am
Beautiful trills
7:48am
Another view of the damaged edge of the nest.. Taken from N Cam

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM EDT  
Yolande

Morning Bev - another foggy day. The first scap is one you took Friday morning - the H's did do a bit of work there! I re-posted your scap of this morning for camparison's sake. A long way to go Smile

Just out of curiosity, can you or anyone recall any ground obs on the Mission nest this season?

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Good Morning.... great idea and thanks yojopro everything will happen in due time...Smile

ADDED
Maybe Hauntedtiger will still be doing ground observations around Mission,BC... i am not sure yojopro

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Hawthorne (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM EDT  
Hawthorne

I probably shouldn't even be saying this but there are sooooo many pictures posted of eagles on the flats and on the 2 old trees. We (at least I) can barely see them and, while it is interesting, a few a day would be enough for me.
I would rather see the nest activity. For example, yesterday the eagles did some repair on the bad end of the nest. I would rather have seen that small dots on the flats or in those old trees. There were some posts of the work the eagles did, which was great to see but, I would also liked to have seen them doing it. I fid it interesting to see how well they can restore a nest that was battered by a storm - actually see them there doing it.

I know there isn't a lot of activity going on at the nest but it is increasing and I would enjoy seeing that more often.

I just went through a large number of posts that I missed yesterday and just skimmed through them because they were all about the same - a lot of eagles and other birds on the flats and in the trees - very hard to see anything but specks. I did enjoy the few of the nest repair. There were quite a few of the Honeycombs working in the nest yesterday and that, to me, was great to see.

I don't do scaps or videos but I do love to see these nests and a few shots of the area. Just my opinion but thought I would say anyway.

Precious Bogey - in my heart forever.

Forum

London, Ontario

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 11:28 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

8:28am

Good Morning Hawthorne.... I am still waiting for the archives from Wild Earth to be fixed so i can do the Videomarks on Mr and Mrs Honeycomb on the nest yesterday..it is almost impossible to get all the activity on s'caps.. although we do make a good effort to do so and i congratulate all who did the captures... and thank them for their time and dedication to this nest......as for the pictures of the eagles on the trees and the flats... i agree that we are unable to zoom in as close as we would like too.... but it is great to know that there are eagles and other birds out there..... and i am sure David will appreciate knowing that and when the tower cams are set up we will all have a better view.Smile

All our time will be focused on the nest when Mr and Mrs Honeycomb are there full time..... like it was last year.. in the mean time.... we will leave one cam on the nest and the other one on the flats when the eagles are not in the nest and when we are not panning the area in search of eagles or other things that will help in Davids research..... we are very lucky to have the cams that will allow us to do this....

8:50am
ADDED
One other thing.... It was because of Rita observing the activity on the flats and she captured a helicopter that should not have been there , (scaring all the eagles of the flats and was a definite threat to their well being)......that Karen was able to report it to David.... thanks Rita ......
In addition we all learned about the Dept.of Fisheries boat and the salmon count... so it is important to observe the activity on the flats as well as the nest as it is beneficial / educational to us and Davids Research....

Check here
forum/viewtopic.php?topic=574656#574656

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

8:43am
Trills..loud and clear......

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Hawthorne (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM EDT  
Hawthorne

Thanks IrishEyes. I do not mean to be critical at all and am so very appreciative of all the people here who do scaps and videos and show so much for us to enjoy.

I know there will be more time spent on the nest in the future and, when the tower cams are up I know we will see this activity on the flats so well too!

Anyway, you can't keep everyone happy and I am NOT at all unhappy - just like seeing the eagles more "up close". Thank You

Precious Bogey - in my heart forever.

Forum

London, Ontario

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, October 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

You are welcome Hawthorne...Smile No offense taken...

9:10am
I am hearing trills in the distance..... no sign of the eagles on the nest..

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:17 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate