https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

My fingers (not my paddles) are always crossed for a good ride. Hope to see you on the water soon. Those eaglets are undoubtedly waiting for us there.

By: Anonymous: MM () on Thursday, June 24 2010 @ 11:50 PM EDT  
Anonymous: MM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Friday, June 25 2010 @ 01:49 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Beautiful pictures MM. I especially liked the woodpecker shot. Glad you could make it.

By: itsgrama (offline) on Friday, June 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM EDT  
itsgrama

What awesome pics, MM.Clapping Thank you for sharingGrin

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, June 26 2010 @ 04:18 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thank You MM for sharing your wonderful photos of your visit to Redding with all of us! You get some great stuff!Left thumb up

I was down in the swamp again today and had another strange sighting. I don't know if anyone was watching the eaglecam between 3-4:00 on Friday, but that was when I was down there and I need to verify what I think I saw!?!

One of the adults came in with some food, and it looked like all 3 eaglets, who were perched nearby, headed for the nest in their usual feeding frenzy manner. Lots of calling and wings flapping in the nest, the adult takes off quickly, and then I saw one of the eaglets flying below the nest area and it had some kind of prey in it's talons? It was something with a long skinny tail, or a snake of some kind. But I think it looked like a mammal with a tail, muskrat maybe?

So could it be possible that one of the eaglets took the food that the adult brought in to the nest so it could have it for itself? Has anyone ever seen that happen before? Or did it coincidentally just happen to find something to eat at the same time the adult had brought food to the nest?
I took some video during the feeding frenzy but I was shooting with my old camera through the spotting scope, so not the best quality video, but maybe you can help me figure out what I saw!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93IcC5B6bT4

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: eagletwatcher () on Saturday, June 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM EDT  
Anonymous: eagletwatcher

eagle eye....what????? You do not like the picture of gimpy? :cry1:...lol

Hey you still have your fingers cross? walking with one crutch at times today.....kind of get my energy zapped out of me fast but .......maybe....

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, June 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Here are a few pics from yesterday when I was down in the swamp filming the "Steal the Bacon" episode of As the Nest Turns!

Also, if anyone who attended our Fledgefest found a Nikon Cool Pix Camera, please let me know.
Click on image to download
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, June 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Dylan Darling has another article on the eaglets in this morning's paper. Caltrans is planning on turning off the camera for the season and it looks like Turtle Bay is still being tight-lipped about taking over the camera for next year? I don't quite understand their thinking on that one? This is such a positive thing for our City and they could always use some good PR?PuzzledPuzzledPuzzled

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/jun/27 ... mpty-nest/

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:53 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate