https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, June 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Check out Denise from Caltrans blog where she comments on the fledgefest and shares some photos of the fun day...

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist2/eagles.htm

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, June 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

I waded into the swampy area where I used to take pics and videos before the water was up last night. I was ankle-deep in water, but it was worth it because I was able to watch my first eaglet flight!!!lovelovelove

I took some video, but I'm still not sure what exactly happened? One of the eaglets was in the nest, when the other eaglet flew down to the nest. At first, it looked to me like they just didn't have enough room with their 6-foot wide wings flapping all over the place. But, when I watched the video at home, it looks more like they went at each other and the one eaglet finally gives up and falls away from the nest.
But, that is when I saw one of the eaglets take a short flight around the nest tree. So, the one that fell away from the nest must be who I saw flying!?!

Check it out and see what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnUvr_NtGX4

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Sunday, June 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Looks like the second one flew down and away. Hope so, anyway. Can't really see what was happening when they were both in the nest. A lot of wings in the way there. Good video catch, eaglewoman!

By: Anonymous: MM () on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 01:10 AM EDT  
Anonymous: MM

Eaglewoman...great capture!
I watched the video a few times and came to the same conclusion each time... it looks to me that the original eagle in the nest is the one who fell away and flew. I am still not sure if it was a "shoving match" or just trying the one who was landing to get into the nest without falling itself, though.
JMHO
MM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 02:04 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Here is one more video from last night where one of the eaglets is practicing short flights from the nest to the Victory Branch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BInB74LXQWk

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 12:10 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

NICE! Left thumb upLeft thumb up

By: itsgrama (offline) on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM EDT  
itsgrama

Nice videos. Thank you.Grin What a nasty picture today on the eagle cam! I hope that after the eaglets are gone from the nest that they send someone up there to rip that nasty leaf off and drop it in view of the camera so that we can all applaud. Clapping And, here's a question for you.....with Peace being the mothering type...why isn't she bringing in some chow for her little brudder and sister?giggle It is nice to see our babies flying in and out of the nest. They want to really fly so bad, but, seem to have a hard time deciding where to fly to. Aren't we all remembering our childhood days and wanting to fly ourselves? Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to stretch our wings and soar high above everything? :huh:
I will be missing these three special eaglets. But, on the up side.......Lib and Pat returning to the nest is only like 3 1/2 to 4 months away. On my calendar I have them back around Oct 13th last year. Makes the summer seem even shorter, doesn't it?
Soooo, whoever is going to be taking over the cameras, wave(insert begging icon here)can we please have both views and sound? Please? And, you only have 3 months to get it set up....chop chop!!Roll eyes

Oh, almost forgot, all three were at the nest this morning...one flew in, one in the nest, one on the branch, all at the same timeGrin

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: eagletwatcher () on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM EDT  
Anonymous: eagletwatcher

eagle eye........next weeek.....hopin to drive to pt toorrow, doing norcos only at night now.....washed and hangin laundry today.......get them eagle eyes ready.....have my fingers crossed .....do you?

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:33 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate