https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: itsgrama (offline) on Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 05:12 PM EDT  
itsgrama

MOM!Mad Shasta's not sharing! Mad Shasta is pigging down a fish, Justice is not getting any, don't know where Peace is.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Monday, June 07 2010 @ 02:30 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Sounds like Peace is an explorer. How far was she away from the nest tree?

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, June 08 2010 @ 02:07 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Just an update on Fledgefest '10 Wednesday June 16th 10-11:00 am and 7-8:00 pm
Denise from Caltrans has graciously agreed to join us next week for our 2nd Annual Fledgefest Celebration! Also, Jonathan Foster, one of the Biologists hired to monitor the nest has agreed to come out and field questions! I've also invited Turtle Bay Museum to send out a Representative, so hopefully they will be able to do that! I'd love Sharon Dale to come out too, but I'm not sure if she'll make it or not?

So, things are shaping up! We definitely need some volunteers from the groundcrew to help out, so let me know if you are available!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Tuesday, June 08 2010 @ 04:13 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Groundcrew member #01 checking in. I can be there for the morning fest and can leave you my scope for the evening fest. I think I must have tossed out the sign from last year--don't remember what I did with it. But I can make up a new one, unless someone is already making something up.

Sounds like there will be some good eagle info available this year. Congratulations!

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, June 08 2010 @ 08:11 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Awesome Ground Crew Member#01~a new sign would be great! Anyone else with any artistic abilities? We can pick the sign up if you can't come out that day!
Eagletwatcher or mykitters~are you able to make it at all?

Just saw Peace out on the Victory Branch testing the waters, so to speak, while Shasta & Justice sit side by side watching and learning...
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, June 09 2010 @ 01:50 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Went down there tonite for a quick peek at the eaglets. It appeared that Peace was having a little talk with the his siblings about this flying thing. I'm not sure what was said, but maybe we'll see some more flying attempts by the other two tomorrow?
Haven't seen Pat & Libby in a while at the Family Tree? MIght be that the river is too high right now for good fishing? That's why the fly fisherman have moved out, too I guess?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, June 09 2010 @ 06:18 PM EDT  
JudyB

Great pictures, eaglewoman! They do look as if they're having a serious discussion! Smile

I wish I could get out there for FledgeFest - sounds like a wonderful get-together, and so nice of Denise and one of the biologists to agree to take part! Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: mykitters () on Thursday, June 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM EDT  
Anonymous: mykitters

Hi EveryonewaveI've been keeping an eye on the posts and the camera when possible. It's a bummer about the cotton on the cam but oh well! Eaglewoman your pictures are beautiful as always Left thumb up Thank you so much for taking the time to go to the nest and then again to post them here. Your efforts are much appreciated! I must confessWhistling that I used one of your pics as my screensaver at work and it got rave reviews of course! Looking forward to Fledgefest 2010. I'm hoping that the kidders and I will be down ther for the 7:00 shin dig Nodding yes It looks like it is shaping up to be quite an event. I can't beleive it is that time again. The eaglets have grown so fast and now it's goodbye again Sad I was just wondering since Peace was spotted in a different tree, does that mean it has officially fledged? Puzzled Just sayin... See ya down there

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:15 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate