Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, April 29 2010 @ 02:26 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Gee Eagle Eye, that is not the name I remember you calling that female intruder!?! How soon we forget!Titter

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, April 30 2010 @ 02:37 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Grin I was treated to a very nice sighting tonite~Patriot & Liberty together in the "Family Tree"!!! It is the first time I have seen them in that tree together since last year around fledging time. I was able to snap a few shots of them together and then Liberty took off, flew straight down to a gravel bar and snagged a nice big fish! I wish I had gotten that on film!
She headed back to the nest with some nice fish sticks for the kids, and then Patriot decided it was time for him to fly, too! I got a nice one of him as he lifted off the branch!
It is so great not having to take these through my spotting scope since I can get much closer to them at this spot!Left thumb up
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Friday, April 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Very nice photographs eaglewoman!. They are a very handsome pair. Left thumb up Nice to see them in their home away from home.

As far as the intruder goes, this time I remembered the juveniles in the audience as well as the one in the nest. I had a momentary lapse into political correctness. Wink

Speaking of juveniles, have you seen any immatures lately?

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Saturday, May 01 2010 @ 07:47 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

wavewave Just checked in on the cam. All three eaglets were perched near the edge of the nest bowl. They looked like they were looking over toward Mom and Dad's favorite perch tree. Within a couple minutes Liberty, I think, flew in with a live, flopping fish and the serving of dinner began. While the feeding was going on, one of the bigger eaglets got a chunk of fish about the size of its head and swollowed the chunk like it was a pea. The eaglet closest to the camera, either Shasta or Peace, seemed to be getting the majority of the food, but the other big one received a fair share. Justice was at the far end, and did not appear to get any. :cry1:

Patriot (I think) flew in with another fish about five minutes into the feeding, and took up a position at the opposite end of the nest. Justice, took notice immediately, and received special attention back there and was getting all of that fish, while Shasta and Peace were being fed by Liberty! Whistling That went on for about five minutes, then Liberty flew off.

It took Shasta and Peace a couple minutes to realize Patriot was in the back feeding their brother(?), Justice.Cool They both walked over to Patriot and the middle eaglet was fed more fish. Eventually, Patriot flew off, too. All three eaglets received a substantial amount of fish.

By: itsgrama (offline) on Sunday, May 02 2010 @ 10:26 PM EDT  
itsgrama

TitterYep, just like last year. While the 'piggys' are gorging, the lil one heads to the private booth for a private meal with Dad.Clapping Which lil eaglet got all the smarts??Chin I wonder.Left thumb up

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, May 04 2010 @ 12:18 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

wave Hey itsgrama! Good to hear from you again!

I found both of the adults in the 'family tree" again today! I was down there a little earlier than usual, between 4 and 5pm. One adult was sitting in the "Family Tree" taking a break at first, and then as I was in our fledgefest spot looking at the eaglets in the nest, I saw the other adult leave the nest. Soon after that, I heard some calling from the "Family Tree" area. Sure enough when I hustled back over there I saw that both adults were together in that tree, one right above the other!lovelovelove

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Tuesday, May 04 2010 @ 01:16 AM EDT  
itsgrama

Nice Pics, you're the bestlove for spending so much of your time and energy keeping the rest of us informed and with good viewing material. Since Shasta was hatched on my mom's birthday, a lot has been going on for me. Two days after Justice was hatched I had to take my mom to the hospital. She died on April 2:cry1: so I have been rather busy, but, I try to look in on the eagle family once in a while. Keep up the good work. We do have a very special pair of eagles in our community and the babies are soooo precious.Nodding yes

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, May 04 2010 @ 10:33 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Left thumb up Thanks so much itsgrama, it is truly my pleasure!love And, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom~:cry1:
I only hope that these pictures and posts continue to bring you some relief from your sorrow...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:39 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate