https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Sunday, April 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Ahh, yes, now I remember, eaglewoman. That was so long ago. Rolling on floor laughing Well, welcome back. Nice photos. They look great. Where is your new spot?

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, April 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Time does seem to fly by when you're having fun, huh Eagle Eye?!?Titter
Just watched a feeding, Mom left and Dad came in for his shift, fed the chicks with his back to the camera and then began tucking those big lumps under him! Almost seems like an impossible feat these days!Titter
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, April 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Mom is on duty now and doing her best to keep the little ones dry and warm! It is rainy here today, and only expected to reach 52 degrees~so stay under cover you restless little eaglets!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: eagletwatcher () on Sunday, April 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM EDT  
Anonymous: eagletwatcher

wave......

article on feathers and down'

http://www.earthlife.net/birds/feathers.html

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, April 12 2010 @ 12:00 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thanks so much for that link eagletwatcher! Hope you're up and at 'em these days?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Monday, April 12 2010 @ 12:34 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Eagletwatcher just called me and told me about a live on-line written lecture going on right now about eaglet growth and maturity. Here is the link:

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsi ... e-cam.html

The lecture is over now. I was given permission to post a few interesting quotes from the lecture.

During this first 30 days the eaglets have gain[ed] about half their body weight because most of their energy has gone into growing.
by Reese F Lukei Jr edited by Congowings at 4/12/2010 4:09:12 PM 9:09 AM

During the first 30 days they have gained about 5 pounds each or nearly half their body weight. They now have a wing span of about 3 feet.
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 9:45 AM [Their eaglets are 30 days old.]

During the next 30 day period you will see them gain more stability in the nest as they begin to balance, build muscle and coordination.
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 4/12/2010 4:10:27 PM 9:10 AM

In order to eat on their own, they must be able to stand and hold the food down, pull, twist and tear at the food. By next week we will see them begin to do this. Right now we will see them peck at the food once in a while.
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 4/12/2010 4:47:58 PM 9:47 AM [Their eaglets are 30 days old.]

During the final 20 days in the nest you will see a lot of wing flapping and jumping in the air and onto branches as they build their flight muscles (pectoral).
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 4/12/2010 4:13:54 PM 9:13 AM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, April 13 2010 @ 01:50 AM EDT  
MaryF

Quote by: Eagle Eye

Eagletwatcher just called me and told me about a live on-line written lecture going on right now about eaglet growth and maturity. Here is the link:

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsi ... e-cam.html

The lecture is over now. I was given permission to post a few interesting quotes from the lecture.

During this first 30 days the eaglets have gain[ed] about half their body weight because most of their energy has gone into growing.
by Reese F Lukei Jr edited by Congowings at 4/12/2010 4:09:12 PM 9:09 AM

During the first 30 days they have gained about 5 pounds each or nearly half their body weight. They now have a wing span of about 3 feet.
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 9:45 AM [Their eaglets are 30 days old.]

During the next 30 day period you will see them gain more stability in the nest as they begin to balance, build muscle and coordination.
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 4/12/2010 4:10:27 PM 9:10 AM

In order to eat on their own, they must be able to stand and hold the food down, pull, twist and tear at the food. By next week we will see them begin to do this. Right now we will see them peck at the food once in a while.
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 4/12/2010 4:47:58 PM 9:47 AM [Their eaglets are 30 days old.]

During the final 20 days in the nest you will see a lot of wing flapping and jumping in the air and onto branches as they build their flight muscles (pectoral).
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 4/12/2010 4:13:54 PM 9:13 AM

Reese is the resident "eagle guy" at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. We all know what a wonderful nestful of eagles he has to observe!! Wub

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, April 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

:blink:: I don't know if anyone was watching or taping around 5:30 pm tonite, but I heard that little Justice took quite a beating from the siblings!?! Several people watching were concerned that they had actually killed little Justice, but that wasn't the case, fortunately! Phew! That size difference between Justice and the 2 older siblings is concerning~but hopefully the little guy will prevail!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:35 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate