https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: mykitters () on Sunday, April 04 2010 @ 11:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous: mykitters

Happy Easter Everyonewave It was a very wintry day here in Redding! Very low snow levels and very unusual for this time of year. Eagle Eye it looks like it's moving your way towards Burney. I caught the midnight snack feeding just before 8 tonight when I finally got the cam to work. I'm having trouble with quicktime. It wants me to update to the newer version but then everything just locks up. It's probably just my outdated 'puter. Anyway, Patriot gave them all a nice feeding and the three were very excited. It looked like he was trying to hurry so they wouldn't get cold. At least it stopped raining but he looked like a sopping mess, poor thingSad He's such a good Daddy though. He filled their little bellies and tucked them all in, pulling the fluff around them and then he tucked his head down so the wouldn't pop out. Awww! Isn't he the best?Wub I'm out Good night

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Monday, April 05 2010 @ 01:39 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Man I wish I would have taken the time to learn to make a video. There is a feeding going on right now. All The little eaglets are being very well mannered as they are being fed. The camera was zoomed in and they look like they have grown a lot in the last couple days. Rain and momma's warmth must be very good for them. Here is a scap. But there were a couple others I should have snapped. It is the cutest feeding I have seen. The front right eaglet seems to be the favorite and is eating like there is no tomorrow. Little Justice (I think on the left) is getting a bite now and then. The one in the back seems pretty content--maybe it ate before I started watching, but now and then it sticks its neck up really high and says, "hey, what about me?" Sound would be good. The one in the back seems to be making sounds. Think that is the oldest. Meal is over. Short peckfest between the two bigger ones. Camera just zoomed back out. That was VERY COOL to watch. Cool Thanks CALTRANS:!: Wub
The eaglets are home alone now and the camera just zoomed back in. They look like they are settling in for a nap--well almost. One just got up and looked around as if to say, "hey, where's Mom?"
Click on image to download

Mom or Dad came back just a couple minutes later. Got to go to work now.wave

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, April 05 2010 @ 08:51 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Left thumb up Nice scaps Eagle Eye!!!
Yes, I love it when the Biologist zooms the camera in during those feedings~priceless!
They do seem to be getting along pretty good, but I did notice that Peace gets quite a bit of the food in the beginning of the feeding, and then the other 2 get their share, while Peace gets a little more then, too.
Here are a few scaps I took of a feeding at 10:15 this morning...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, April 05 2010 @ 08:53 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Monday, April 05 2010 @ 09:10 PM EDT  

Thought I would just post the important dates and times of arrival of Peace, Shasta, and Justice. Times were posted in The Record Searchlight who obtained their information from Denise Yergenson, California Department of Transportation.

EGG LAID DATES: Is there a better term for this event?

February 15, 2010 4:15 p.m.: EGG #1

February 18, 2010 4:32 p.m.: EGG #2

February 21, 2010 6:45 p.m.: EGG #3

HATCH DATES:

March 25, 2010 7:22 p.m.: PEACE

March 26, 2010 6:05 p.m.: SHASTA

March 29, 2010 8:55 a.m.: JUSTICE

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, April 05 2010 @ 09:25 PM EDT  
JudyB

What wonderful pictures, eaglewoman and Eagle Eye - it's amazing how big and tall they're getting! Grin

And thanks for posting the official dates and times here, Eagle Eye - I've updated the first post to match.

It looks as if Justice is one week old today - Happy Hatch Day to the little one! Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Tuesday, April 06 2010 @ 01:03 AM EDT  

Nice scaps, eaglewoman. I love watching them eat.

They seem to be growing so fast. It is like we can see the difference a day makes.

Added: I forgot to mention that I saw one of the adults digging a bunch of stuff out of the nest bowl yesterday, making the bowl much deeper. Guess they feel the little guys are stronger and need some extra security for containment.

I am watching one now, though, and he or she appears about ready to wiggle and waddle its way out from under Dad/Patriot and is about ready to crest the top of the nest bowl. The eaglet is using its wings as extra legs. Oh My

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 06 2010 @ 01:11 PM EDT  
JudyB

It is quite amazing watching them scoot about on all fours! Cool

I've been watching for a couple of minutes, and all three were mostly outside and leaning against the adult, with heads wiggling in every direction! love I think there's a bit of a feeding going on now, but Mom(?) is providing some privacy by standing between the chicks and the cam. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:49 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate