The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > H.W.F. Social Events
 FledgeFest Open House at David's
 |  Printable Version
By: Steamer (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 01:09 AM EDT  
Steamer

What a FANTASTIC event !!Bravo

Met some great folks both new and others I've had the fortune of meeting over the last few months at the nearby Hasting Street/PNE nest since joining the forum. Thanks to Karen B. and Gemini for such a warm welcome at the check in table.....nice to meet you both in person Smile The walk through the aviaries were fascinating and highly enjoyable...what amazing birds! Cool

The combination of a great mix of people combined with an incredible spread of food and drinks and the sandhill's strolling amongst us all was awesome...many thanks to David's wife Mary and several others involved today for presenting such a hospitable vibe to the visitors to your beautiful place Left thumb up

Special thanks to David Hancock for the personally signed copy of your book....I'll treasure it! Thank You Sitting eagle

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: birdofprey (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM EDT  
birdofprey

Thank you to David and Mary, Karen and Gemini (Sharon) and all the other helpers who put together this wonderful event. And to the sandhill cranes who provided ongoing entertainment. Titter

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 02:20 PM EDT  
sassyk

A big personal thank you to our hosts David & Mary for making my visit yesterday a memorable one. It was wonderful to see them and so many of my other HWF friends again and to meet some HWF members and other guests I haven't met before Left thumb up David & Mary welcomed their guests with open arms and lots of hugs; they are 2 very special people. Thanks to Karen, Sharon, Darlene and all for a job well done at the check-in table; they were very busy ladies. And a big thank you to everyone else who helped with the organization and preparations for a very successful event. David's birds are all gorgeous and the baby Sandhill Cranes weren't shy at all, mingling with all the guests Smile I carried my camera around but took very few pictures, and they are all of birds, no people.

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 02:36 PM EDT  
stim

I will jump in here as well with heartfelt thank yous to all involved in making yesterday such a treat. David's hosting tour of the birding area was most informative. Absolutely stunning birds there. Even the youngsters were allowed to mingle on the lawn, ended up with some food ingestion to the laughs of us all. Mary's hostessing duties are not to be surpassed.Big hugs Karen, Sharon and Darlene served as the perfect meet and greeters. Grin The food offerings were outstanding with a job well done by "Just call me Martha", Mary's assistant. Great teamwork was obvious with a joined passion by all there.hug And how nice to meet up again with familiar faces as well as those who have been simply familiar names until now.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Heather (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM EDT  
Heather

We would love to send a heartfelt thank you to Mary and David and their Cranes, for hosting such a wonderful day yesterday. Also to Karen, Sharon, Darlene, and 'Just Call Me Martha' and anybody else for all their hard work for making it all happen. We got to see some old friends and meet some new ones! So many people all with a common interest! Can't wait to do it again! Great people, good food, awesome venue and fantastic weather! We had a wonderful time. Again Thank you. hug

aka shrub

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Daybreak (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM EDT  
Daybreak

Awesome that the open house was a huge success. Sunny

Kay and all, hope when you get a chance that you will post one or two of your pictures of David's bird family in this thread. Smile

Forum

Profile     PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM EDT  
urban Eagle

wave Big Hugs hug to everyone involved in making yesterdays open house a huge success .Bravo All the delicious finger foods and deserts
brought by everyone OMG. David, Mary as always the most gracious of host (bigger hugs)
It was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones and put some faces to some names.
Thank you all so much for making the day so enjoyable.
I will have to make a few post for Picís
cheers
L

Click on image to download
More

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Mission

Profile Email   PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Monday, July 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM EDT  
urban Eagle

wave wave
next

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Mission

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:05 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate