https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Apple User Support
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Hi Judy jkr...Thank you ! I am going to reply to the WebMaster and let him know all this.. what do you think ?

eta
It is all very strange... i keep going back to the time i had the sound..loud and clear... then the WVa streaming cam was shut down for service and i had no sound when it returned...

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM EST  
jkr

That might be an excellent idea Bev. Also it wouldn't hurt to let them know that we all live in different geographical locations and use different internet providers.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Here is my reply..

Hi WebMaster..
Good Morning and thank you for your response... i am currently using Safari and Firefox browsers.. i was in contact with other members using a Mac that are having the same sound issues.. we live in three different geographical areas , have different internet providers and have three different Mac operating systems and are having the same sound issues with the WVa Camera... one of us has checked two different Adobe Flashplayer versions and it hasn't made a difference..

This is my third year watching this cam and i was always able to get the sound..... i am wondering if something went wrong when the cam was shut down for service... it was following the service repair that i was unable to get the sound...

Thank you

Bev....

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM EST  
JudyB

Charlie has OS 10.6.8 - and I just discovered something. He wasn't running the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player, and I didn't update that yesterday - but this morning we uninstalled the previous version of Flash Player and installed the most recent version - and now I have sound on his computer!

Bev, I'm not sure if the most recent version of flash player is compatible with OS 10.5 - but there might be a more recent version than the one you have that will work. Something to try.

They may have updated the version of Flash they use to stream the cam when they did the maintenance (not sure how that works) - but that might explain why the problem started then.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM EST  
jkr

JudyB, I checked on the newest Adobe Flashplayer 11. It's compatible with 10.6 and 10.7 but not compatible with 10.5

Bev, do you have a copy of Snow Leopard (10.6) that you can use to upgrade from Leopard (10.5) ? I think Apple still has it available as a DVD.

ETA: I just checked and it is still available for $29 http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MC573 ... MTY1NDAzOA

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Thank you Judy B for the information... i am so happy that you have the WVa Cam sound on the Mac... Clapping

Judy jkr... As you know i am not very good with computers... i don't know is the answer to your question...
:oops:

eta
Judy jkr.. Thank you .. i saw your post that you edited above mine... i do have the original DVD's that came with the computer... Tim set up this computer for me .. i never had one before.. i will ask him about the up grade when he comes home..

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM EST  
JudyB

Judy/jkr - are you running the newest version of Flash? If so, you might need to uninstall any older versions if you still don't have sound. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Bev, good luck with upgrading - and I'd also recommend just upgrading to 10.6 if you can get a copy of the DVD. The newer 10.7/Lion version still has a few quirks they're trying to fix, last I heard.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM EST  
jkr

JudyB, I actually thought I had flash version 11 installed when I installed Snow Leopard months ago but when I checked today I see I still had flash 10. Oh My
Now that I have flash 11 installed the sound works on that camera. I don't think I would have bothered checking flash when it was working fine for all the other cameras I watch.

Bev, if you run into any problems acquiring Snow Leopard or installing it don't hesitate to give me a shout.

As for Lion --- I am avoiding it until a few of my most used software applications offer updates that will run on it.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:42 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate