The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Apple User Support
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, September 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: jkr

Bev, I'm not sure why they would automatically be going into the one folder. Have you tried "dragging" them into a new folder where you want them to be ?

Judy...This is hard to believe .. i just set up a new folder.. was going to try and drag some pictures into it...when i opened it.. all the pictures from the first folder were in it....

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM EDT  
jkr

WHAT Wooh Does that mean you now have two folders with the same pictures in them ? I'm trying to figure out how that would be possible unless you made an alias or duplicate of the first folder but that is only possible if you right click on the actual folder and choose to duplicate it.

Can you not create an empty folder at all from the drop down menu under "File" ?

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

WHAT Wooh Does that mean you now have two folders with the same pictures in them ? I'm trying to figure out how that would be possible unless you made an alias or duplicate of the first folder but that is only possible if you right click on the actual folder and choose to duplicate it.

Can you not create an empty folder at all from the drop down menu under "File" ?

Rolling on floor laughingThat is right.. weird... I can't create any empty folder... even if i trash the one i have ...when i make a new one .. guess what.. all the pictures from the trashed one are in it..... i didn't empty my trash because i don't want to lose my pictures...

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM EDT  
jkr

Oh Bev, this sounds like something right out of "Groundhog Day" or the "Twilight Zone" Faint I've never encountered such a thing and I haven't a clue why it would be doing that.
If you leave the folder in the trash and then make a new folder are you still getting another one full of pictures ??
Any new folder you make should say "untitled folder" under it until you give it a name and IT SHOULD be empty. Roll eyes

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Oh Bev, this sounds like something right out of "Groundhog Day" or the "Twilight Zone" Faint I've never encountered such a thing and I haven't a clue why it would be doing that.
If you leave the folder in the trash and then make a new folder are you still getting another one full of pictures ??
Any new folder you make should say "untitled folder" under it until you give it a name and IT SHOULD be empty. Roll eyes

I am telling Judy.. it is weird... Rolling on floor laughing i am wondering if it has anything to do with my I Photo... when i download pictures they all go there first...then to the folder... this is unbelievable...:dunno: that would be alright but when i save my caps they all go to the same folder ...Frustration

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM EDT  
jkr

When you download pictures from your camera they automatically go to iPhoto --- That is what they are supposed to do.

What program are you using to take your screen captures ?? I wonder if something is set in the "preferences" of your screen capture program telling them to go to that folder ??

By the way, make certain that when you make a new folder that the "Finder" shows at the top left and then make the new folder from the sub-menu found under File.
Click on image to download
If you make a folder from any open applications then the folder would be for that application only which makes me wonder if you had iPhoto open when you made the folder.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

When you download pictures from your camera they automatically go to iPhoto --- That is what they are supposed to do.

What program are you using to take your screen captures ?? I wonder if something is set in the "preferences" of your screen capture program telling them to go to that folder ??

Hi Judy.. I use snap and drag..

eta
I never had the IPhoto opened...

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM EDT  
jkr

Bev, I am more than stumped. The only recommendation I can think of is to contact someone at Apple. http://www.apple.com/ca/contact/ unless someone else on this forum using a Mac has a solution. I've never encountered that kind of problem before and really don't know what would be causing that to happen. Wish I could be of more help.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:45 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate