The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 PC Windows Users Support
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Friday, March 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM EDT  
jkr

Quote by: J Staggs

Well, that did not work. I changed the settings as instructions and still no picture. I can see the Ustream videos just not the one at White Rock.

Thanks, Bash computer

Another thing you might want to try.
You may need to reinstall Adobe Flashplayer or install a newer version. A few folks have found that it can stop working for unknown reasons.
You will have to uninstall the old version first before downloading a newer version.
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Let us know if you are still having problems.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stipkala () on Monday, March 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Stipkala

Just joined - cannot get live cams. After Adv, screen shows "accessing cameras", but nothing else shows on the screen. Is there some special instruction I'm missing?

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, March 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM EDT  
jkr

Quote by: Stipkala

Just joined - cannot get live cams. After Adv, screen shows "accessing cameras", but nothing else shows on the screen. Is there some special instruction I'm missing?

Hi Stiplkala and welcome .

Our cameras run on Flash technology. Do you have Adobe Flashplayer installed ? The link to the download can be found here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

And some people find that this may work:
forum/viewtopic.php?topic=247744#247744

And -- don't forget to click on the arrow button to start the cams. I find that the Delta2 camera is sometimes slow to load and has a black screen for a minute or so but it eventually works.

Good luck and let us know if either of these things work for you.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: jrw320 () on Thursday, April 05 2012 @ 07:40 PM EDT  
Anonymous: jrw320

None of the Cams I watch are working for me anymore. Off the top of my head its White Rock, Delta 2 and Ozarks. I get pic then freezes at 1 sec in. I updated Adobe Flash (I think thats what it was) and still nothing. Is there something else that might need to be updated. Its been like this for about a week. Thanks for any help

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 06 2012 @ 10:37 AM EDT  
jkr

Hi jrw320 and welcome to HWF.
Sorry to see that you are having camera problems. At the moment we have a few people with the same problem.
I will be calling Ken today to see if he has a fix for this issue.

In the meantime have you tried any of these:

#1 Make sure you have Adobe Flashplayer installed.
#2 Turn off firewalls if they are active
#3 If on a Mac you will need Flip4Mac installed -- which switches Windows video to Mac compatible video
#4 With the camera screen open right click to bring up the Adobe Flash settings and remove the check mark from the box that says "Enable hardware acceleration" for some reason that seems to work for a few people.
#5 Empty your browser cache /remove cookies and try again.

To keep updated (or report camera issues) please check on our camera tech thread forum/viewtopic.php?topic=340144#340144

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 06 2012 @ 12:19 PM EDT  
jkr

I just got work from Skipper that the newest Adobe Flashplayer is NOT compatible with our cameras

Please do not download version 11.2.202.228.

Older versions are still available at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Friday, April 06 2012 @ 12:30 PM EDT  
Pat B

Quote by: jkr

I just got work from Skipper that the newest Adobe Flashplayer is NOT compatible with our cameras

Older versions are still available at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

As I switched on the other day - a message said I had an update to Flash waiting.
I have never had that happen before.
I just checked - it's 11.2.202.228 - now what do I do?

I have no problem watching - but it has gone back to it's old trick of suddenly stopping -I have to re-start to get it back again!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 06 2012 @ 12:38 PM EDT  
jkr

Quote by: Pat B

Quote by: jkr

As I switched on the other day - a message said I had an update to Flash waiting.
I have never had that happen before.
I just checked - it's 11.2.202.228 - now what do I do?

I have no problem watching - but it has gone back to it's old trick of suddenly stopping -I have to re-start to get it back again!

Skipper said some people have had some luck with hitting the PLAY button if they are running version 11.2.202.228
I can't verify that it will work since I'm on a Mac and my version of Flashplayer is different from the windows version.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:15 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate