https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Report Cams Down and Forum Errors
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, November 24 2017 @ 08:28 PM EST  
JudyB

Yes it is, Judi - and it's now the weekend, so odds are very good we won't see it until Monday. With a bit of luck one of the people who live nearby will post an update while we wait.

And I'm noticing that I'm also not getting notifications of new PMs - and suspect that it's because there was a bit of moving stuff around required to get the forum back online. With a bit of luck it will be sorted out sometime next week.

Have a good weekend! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Tuesday, November 28 2017 @ 12:57 PM EST  
garyandjudi

Announcement November 28 2017 cam for Lafarge is still down....Oh the shameSitting eagleSitting eagleEgg hatch .....Judi

Click on image to download its Tuesday still no can

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, November 28 2017 @ 02:17 PM EST  
JudyB

Thanks for posting the lovely picture while we wait for the cam to come back online, Judi - and I'm afraid Ken is very busy this week, so it may be next week before he can look into this.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: LydiaS (offline) on Friday, December 01 2017 @ 12:01 AM EST  
LydiaS

Hi Judy,
It looks like the new website might be having problems with the streaming. Each time I checked it today it's been running about a day behind as well as different times. When I take it to YouTube it is also running a day behind.

this morning - real time 11:38am 11/30 at http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/delta-2-west/ time stamp on video was 11/29 22:17:02 (10:17pm)

Click on image to download

tonight - real time 8:43pm 11/30 at http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/delta-2-west/ time stamp on video is 11/29 22:25:57 (10:25pm) that's only 8 minutes different after 9 hours

real time 8:52pm 11/30 http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/delta-2-west/ to YouTube 11/29 22:35:11 (10:35pm)

aka schoenly

A lot of people have heard about the bald eagle, but you don't really appreciate the majestic nature of a bald eagle until you actually get to view one. - Scott Root

Forum

Snohomish, WA, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, December 01 2017 @ 10:06 AM EST  
JudyB

Thanks, Lydia! Bev has noticed the same issue with the Harrison Mills cams - apparently YouTube changes the URLs from time to time - and WildEarth either gets a notice when that happens - or may have something installed that does an automatic update, so the streams WE sends to us (and has on their own site) are updated - but the links I installed directly from YouTube are not.

I will see if I can update the cam links on our new website in a few minutes.

Please do continue to post and/or let me know when the links stop working - it's a quick fix if I'm at my computer - but if it happens too much, I'll switch those pages back to using the WE code which seems to be updated immediately - but which requires going to the YouTube site to go to full screen, so additional clicks for that.

And on another topic - WildEarth will be taking the archives offline soon if they haven't done so already, so we'll need to start relying on the windback feature to see what happened when no one was watching - not perfect, but it does give us more options for catching interesting activity than if we didn't have that 2-hour window.

Added - 7:37 am - Delta 2 cams at http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/ are now linked to the live pages at YouTube.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: LydiaS (offline) on Friday, December 01 2017 @ 03:03 PM EST  
LydiaS

Thank you, Judy, for that information. Definitely a work in progress and much more work for you to keep things current. We certainly do appreciate that.
Sad news about the archives going away but thank goodness for the rollback feature.

aka schoenly

A lot of people have heard about the bald eagle, but you don't really appreciate the majestic nature of a bald eagle until you actually get to view one. - Scott Root

Forum

Snohomish, WA, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Windsong (offline) on Sunday, December 03 2017 @ 06:26 PM EST  
Windsong

Sunday Dec 3, 2017 3:24pm

Delta 2 east cam has gone out and keeps giving a message "out of memory", west cam is still working ok. I had east on the nest, leaving it there until we can resolve the problem. The WE feed still seems to be working.

Fly like an eagle, and touch the sky!
AKA PatPetzing.

Forum

Virginia, USA

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, December 03 2017 @ 07:55 PM EST  
Jean

Quote by: Windsong

Sunday Dec 3, 2017 3:24pm

Delta 2 east cam has gone out and keeps giving a message "out of memory", west cam is still working ok. I had east on the nest, leaving it there until we can resolve the problem. The WE feed still seems to be working.

Just to add to Pat's post here...............I went on the zoomer cams right after she signed off..........BOTH cams were fine for me so I am hoping that was just a minor glitch for her!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:44 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate