Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Report Cams Down and Forum Errors
 |  Printable Version
By: stim (offline) on Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM EDT  
stim

Thank you Judy. Your response, and so quickly, is appreciated. I will post your answer on the Lafarge forum.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 04:23 PM EDT  
Jean

1:20pm.....I don't know if this is connected to the WE things or not...........the zoomer cams at Delta2 have been "running away" on us. One can press a button, with no response from the cam for a bit, then it goes and often takes off continuing on its way even though no one has their finger on the button anymore. The cams can be stopped by pressing on a different button, changing direction etc.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 04:55 PM EDT  
jkr

Jean, the camera controls have nothing to do with WildEarth.

If we are going to have problems with the cameras this is the best time of year for that to happen so for that we can be grateful. I'm sure sooner or later all the problems will be worked out one way or the other.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 06:08 PM EDT  
karenbills

Thanks, Lydia, for posting your instructions. What a mess and now it will take longer than ever to do what we used to do. I always say 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' This has nothing to do with why the cams were going on and off. Also the videos on the screen are very confusing in that it's not clear whether this will be a live stream or a video. I know it will be our cam streaming but others may think it is only a recording. Not good. I have nothing against YouTube when I want to look at videos. It's Chrome I don't like.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Jean (offline) on Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM EDT  
Jean

3:57pm.....Has anyone noticed we now have a "rollback" feature on the cams now? I am guessing it will give us about a 4 hour window of time before it resets again.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 07:30 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Jean

3:57pm.....Has anyone noticed we now have a "rollback" feature on the cams now? I am guessing it will give us about a 4 hour window of time before it resets again.

I saw that Jean..... Berry Eagles and the Dale Hollow Eagle Cams are streamed by You Tube and have the same feature.. It isn't a permanent record like the Archives but better than nothing I guess ! Several other cams we watched had the rollback feature also Smile

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: LydiaS (offline) on Thursday, September 21 2017 @ 12:13 AM EDT  
LydiaS

Quote by: IrishEyes

Thanks Lydia ..all that happens on Safari browser also !

Thanks for adding that Bev,

aka schoenly

A lot of people have heard about the bald eagle, but you don't really appreciate the majestic nature of a bald eagle until you actually get to view one. - Scott Root

Forum

Snohomish, WA, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: LydiaS (offline) on Thursday, September 21 2017 @ 12:42 AM EDT  
LydiaS

Quote by: karenbills

Thanks, Lydia, for posting your instructions. What a mess and now it will take longer than ever to do what we used to do. I always say 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' This has nothing to do with why the cams were going on and off. Also the videos on the screen are very confusing in that it's not clear whether this will be a live stream or a video. I know it will be our cam streaming but others may think it is only a recording. Not good. I have nothing against YouTube when I want to look at videos. It's Chrome I don't like.

Karen, people can verify it's LIVE by looking at the date/time or by moving over the YouTube video which comes up with "LIVE". The video listing along the side will note which other videos are "LIVE NOW"
Click on image to download

aka schoenly

A lot of people have heard about the bald eagle, but you don't really appreciate the majestic nature of a bald eagle until you actually get to view one. - Scott Root

Forum

Snohomish, WA, USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:14 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate