Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Report Cams Down and Forum Errors
 |  Printable Version
By: LydiaS (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM EDT  
LydiaS

Hi jkr I know the cams have been repeatedly reported as going down and coming back up . . . but as of 10:51am Delta 2 East and West cams are now actually down. . . .
Kind of like we all feel . . . down and out Wink

here's some information that Ken will need to know about what has been happening :
the video screen portion goes black . . . it's like they keep refreshing/rebooting themselves. I was on the cams for an hour and between the 2 of them it must have done that 7 times
here's what it looks like when they go OUT

Click on image to download

As I was noticing what the cams were doing . . . it is not WE or the embedded cams as they just stream from the zoom cams . . . it's the zoom cams that are going out . . . not down. When the cams go down we don't even get past the page that says it can't find them . . . like they just did @ 10:51am. . . DOWN

Click on image to download

aka schoenly

A lot of people have heard about the bald eagle, but you don't really appreciate the majestic nature of a bald eagle until you actually get to view one. - Scott Root

Forum

Snohomish, WA, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM EDT  
jkr

Heard from Ken a moment ago:

For Sue:
#1 -- He has left a message at the fish hatchery for them to recycle the camera but hasn't heard back from anyone yet.

For Lydia:
#2. -- He is aware of what is happening with the Delta2 zoom camera and is still looking for the origin of the problem.
He has been trying to get hold of Peter at WE for days now and left messages but has not heard back from him.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 04:28 PM EDT  
Jean

1:28pm........Thanks jkr...............I was wondering if this had anything to do with WE. Thank you Ken!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 06:00 PM EDT  
jkr

Good news as of 2:55 p.m.

Chehalis fish cam is up again. Someone had accidentally unplugged the computer there

Peter has finally connected with Ken so they will be working to find a solution to Delta cams.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Friday, September 15 2017 @ 06:01 PM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: jkr

Good news as of 2:55 p.m.

Chehalis fish cam is up again. Someone had accidentally unplugged the computer there

Peter has finally connected with Ken so they will be working to find a solution to Delta cams.

Wonderful! Smile

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, September 16 2017 @ 07:18 PM EDT  
Jean

4:13pm.......Just letting you know we are still experiencing problems at Delta2 Cams going off and on.......freezing/sticking etc. Usually the PTZs go down as well as the embedded cams............but the embedded ones generally come back on after a couple of minutes when one clicks on the arrow in the middle of the screen. PTZs come back on their own, except at one point this afternoon when the West cam did not.............I brought that cam up in a new window and it was fine.

Also wondering if it is my imagination or not.................seems that the cams are prone to go down or stutter and stall when one moves the PTZ cams from side to side when panning the area. Maybe just a coincidence?

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, September 16 2017 @ 08:31 PM EDT  
jkr

Jean, hopefully between Ken and Peter they can figure out what's happening with Delta. I know Ken is getting frustrated with not being able to find the cause or a solution so far. I'm sure with time they will.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, September 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: jkr

Jean, hopefully between Ken and Peter they can figure out what's happening with Delta. I know Ken is getting frustrated with not being able to find the cause or a solution so far. I'm sure with time they will.

Thanks jkr.........I know Ken is working on this. I am merely reporting what is happening so he knows. If we don't say anything he might think they are okay now. We had Myles up in the nest today doing a cam cleaning and it was hard for me to move the PTZs at times to check for dirty spots etc. as the cams kept stalling on me and going off. He asked if we had reported the cams...........I said yes.

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:27 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate