The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary - Enmax 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: BET (offline) on Saturday, June 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM EDT  
BET

Quote by: jkr

Being an Ex-Calgarian the first thing I noticed is how high the Bow River is running after all the days of rain and snow runoff from the mountains. It can't be easy for the O's to fish at this rate.

The last few days I have noticed the sand bar is not visible. Unless you know where it is, and can detect the river ripples you wouldn't know that it exists.
============================
The cam started it's focus travel early yesterday evening about 8:00pm MDT - I watched it gradually - ever so slowly - move up above the nest and across the river. Some lovely homes over there. The final image showed the houses and the top half black - the cam housing?.

Of course, it is Friday evening, and a most important event due to occur on the nest! I sent out help messages, not really expecting anything immediate (but one can always hope) - at the best sometime Sat. morning but with Monday being the likely,.

To my delight and surprise, around 9:00pm things started happening to the image. Like strobe light flashes, the display image was all over the neighborhood, down river, straight down the support pole, every where - didn't see the nest come to think of it. Anyway the strobe image cycle continued for maybe 5 - 10 minutes when it stopped. So THEY TRIED. My guess is they worked the computer controls from home and when they couldn't lock focus after several attempts, put it off 'til today. I am inclined to think it's mechanical and they will have to go out on location to try to fix it. Hopefully a ground fix. I do not have the faintest idea what they will do if they have to go up to the camera housing itself.

Meanwhile What is happening? Is the third egg going to hatch? Are they thinking no chicks, start over? Yesterday, Mom was bringing in some sticks and building up the side walls of the nest. For those who were not watching from the start, this is a new Mom. While Dad built the nest from scratch, she stood in the middle on the wire framing or the first sticks and did nothing.NOTHING She was actually in the way- a hinderance, causing a number of Dad's sticks to fall to the ground. She didn't even help do any interior decorating. I was thinking of her as the typical "trophy wife" so to see her bring in sticks was an event!

The screen is all black at this time, so I am guessing they have turned off the transmission and are at work trying to bring the cam back into working order.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, June 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM EDT  
jkr

4:14 pm
Cam is still down.
Enmax has posted the following:
"We're experiencing technical difficulties with the Osprey Camera. We are working hard to correct the issue and thank you
for your patience."

No mention if the PTZ on the cam is broken, or what the problem is, but here's a picture I took of the camera last summer. It's anchored well so I think it's likely the internal workings of the camera itself. Sad
Click on image to download

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, June 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM EDT  
BET

Quote by: jkr

4:14 pm
Cam is still down.
... It's anchored well so I think it's likely the internal workings of the camera itself. Sad

I too am afraid that is the case :cry1: :cry1:

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, June 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM EDT  
jkr

SUNDAY, JUNE 20, 2010

WEATHER: Sunny, High 23C

Camera continues to be down Sad

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM EDT  
jkr

MONDAY, JUNE 21, 2010

WEATHER: Variable cloudiness, High 20C

Camera is still down this morning. Being a Monday there may be a better chance of it being fixed -- Wishful thinking here.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM EDT  
BET

11:50am MDT

CAM IS UP

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: jazzel26 (offline) on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM EDT  
jazzel26

Quote by: BET

11:50am MDT

CAM IS UP

THANKS BET...Clapping

JAZZELwave

Forum

Falmouth MA

Profile Email Website PM

By: BET (offline) on Monday, June 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM EDT  
BET

12:10pm MDT

There is a O'let ClappingClappingClapping and I see one white egg. Have to wait to figure out what has occurred Looks like the broken shell of the rust colored egg

Click on image to download

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:18 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate