https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Mission, BC - Bald Eagle Nest
 MIssion, BC Ground Observer Reports
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

WOW!!! OMG! Pam .. i am here in tears of JOY!.... You are wonderful. hug.... it was like reading a picture / story book , only better, ... come to think of it.... it should be made into a picture/story book...all of it..... .... my grandsons were clued to the computer.... Thank you so very much my friend....It was definitely a labor of love.... I will come back here often to read and and see all of this again....Big hugs I think all your pictures and comments on this should be copyright...JMO.. everything you wrote was pure, simple and from the heart.... we all love you my friend......Thank Youagain.....

ADDED
Thank you Pam...all your amazing pictures are double click also.... you did a tremendous work of this project....hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Pam, fantastic! Yes, it could be a picture book especially with the followers......Just the part from Clyde going back to nest and then on. It's incredible.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM EDT  
stim

I agree wholeheartedly! Add some of the video footage, especially of the exit from the nest as an add-on! Video Camera
Pam, so much thought, caring and love obviously went into your vigil yesterday with complete followthrough for us all here. I know how long it can take to go through the numbers of pictures you took, crop, post with commentary. Thank you so much. Cloud 9

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM EDT  
Jean

Thanks Pam for providing the missing pieces of the puzzle! It must have been a very long day for you but I'll bet it was exhilarating! Your pictures show us what was happening on the ground while we were all looking from up above on the camera. Many thanks...........what a treasure this is! Bravo

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Thank you, Pam --- did you say that Keith had done a bit of video? something more to look forward to.

Thanks to Percy and his family for allowing us to share this unexpeced adventure! No one could have known the outcome when The 'eagle cams' were mounted in the tree. Be Safe our little goose family! Red Heart

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM EDT  
stim

Pam, were you able to see the goslings actually at the edge of the nest? I'm thinking they were too small to see with the naked eye. Could you tell if they did get their falls broken by the many branches on the tree?
Interesting that Bonnie and Clyde flew right down to the water, their destination with the family. Perhaps that is instinctive as normally they would just leave the nest and head to the nearby water without having to round everyone up from such a fall. I am so impressed with Clyde who did look rather proud bringing up the rear with gosling #6. Poor wee thing.
Percy was very brave to get so close to Bonnie and especially Clyde to open the gate for them!
Thank you again for your very complete and entertaining followup for us. I know I do not speak alone in sharing that we look forward to continued reports as our wee ones flourish. Red Heart

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM EDT  
Darlene

What a wonderful photo journal. This story really is waiting for a book to be written! Red Heart

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Raining22 (offline) on Sunday, May 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM EDT  
Raining22

Pam thank you so much for completing this miraculous story. I didn't think it could get any better but your finishing touches complete an already awe inspiring saga and definitely scream for copyright.

Thanks so much to everyone that covered this nest and to Percy and family for opening the gate and allowing Pam to take these magnificant pictures. Bonnie and Clyde certainly picked a picture perfect setting to begin their family life together. Wonderful to see number 6 swimming with his brothers and sisters.

David thank you for having the insight to keep zoomers on this nest in the event an eagle showed up. Who knew what excitement was in store! Thank you zoomers for your labour of love. hug

Thank You

"And little eagles wave their wings in gold. Alexander Pope

~ Debbe ~ 2011

Forum

The Maritimes,
Canada

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate