https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Mission, BC - Bald Eagle Nest
 Mission, BC - Bald Eagle Nest 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, August 31 2013 @ 05:48 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

A sad day indeed. It was such an unexpected delight to see our goose family. Many thanks to Percy and Debbie and also to Pam for sharing this family with us.

Perhaps we will have an update next year to tell us if they come back again.

Big hugs

Terry

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, September 05 2013 @ 10:50 PM EDT  
Jean

waveHello everyone! I just read about the camera view ending now and wanted to say what a special treat this nest turned out to be this season. Never having given that much thought to geese, I learned a lot by watching the cam this year. We were all watching for the eagles and it was an unexpected turn of events for sure when Bonnie and Clyde showed up. Wooh I really, really loved seeing the goslings "jump for freedom" from the nest when the time was right for them. And I'm so glad that they all were safe and sound afterwards. Thanks to everyone who was involved in any way for the opportunity to experience this family this season! It has been a treat! Thank You

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, September 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM EDT  
karenbills

Here's a couple of pictures I took the day the we removed the PTZ cam from the nest tree at Mission.

David is giving instruction to Eddie, the tree climber.
Click on image to download

Eddie is removing the camera by securing it with a rope before lowering it to the ground.

Here's a beautiful tree that Bonnie and Clyde were often seen with their six goslings after they jumped down from the nest.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: karenbills (offline) on Friday, May 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM EDT  
karenbills

Bonnie and Clyde are back in the nest again this season incubating eggs!!! David Hancock and I stopped by the Mission nest on Tuesday on our way back from Harrison Mills. Too bad we had to remove the cam from the nest tree or we could just turn it on again. Unfortunately we needed the cam in another nest and did not have the funds to keep this cam going. Oh how I would love to watch the goslings hatch again this year. Oh well....

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: stim (offline) on Friday, May 16 2014 @ 10:52 PM EDT  
stim

Thank you for letting us know that Bonnie and Clyde are back Karen. I wonder if last year's youngsters are back as well. I hope we find out how many goslings jump out of the nest this year! GooseGoose

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, May 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM EDT  
karenbills

Well David Hancock tells me that the previous year's offspring on his property always return with their parents the following year. They are only tolerated until it's egg laying time and then they are chased away by Pa, just as we see happen with eagles. I have witnessed this also where I live in Langley.

I will email Percy and Debbie and ask them to watch for the goslings and let us know how many there are this year. Since we have no cam this year we have no way of knowing when to expect the goslings to jump down from the nest.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, May 17 2014 @ 01:17 PM EDT  
karenbills

The following is a reply that I just received from Debbie regarding her and Percy's eagle nest in Mission, formerly occupied by bald eagles, "Jack and Jill", which is now occupied by the Canada geese, "Bonnie and Clyde":

Yes Bonnie has been going up to the nest everyday for quite awhile but she is still with Clyde on our front yard most of the time...so I don,t think she is incubating any eggs yet....she was laying with Clyde the other day in our yard with her black neck stretched out on the grass...I had never seen that before but they got up when we walked up to the house...You can post this on David,s site...I was reading it and people would love to hear about the geese...as far as Jack and Jill go they are always here in the trees making noise...people say to me what happened to the eagles and I say they are here and it is just like they know I am talking about them because they either fly over or make a bunch of noise to let people know they are here...it,s kinda freaky...lol..I will keep you updated.....

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Carole (offline) on Saturday, May 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM EDT  
Carole

Thank you Karen for the update on Bonnie & Clyde. I was wondering if they returned to the Mission nest again this year.
It was about this time last year that the gosling took the big leap off the nest. What a great event that was Smile

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:30 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate