https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Mission, BC - Bald Eagle Nest
 Mission, BC - Bald Eagle Nest 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: elbydog1 (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:03 PM EDT  
elbydog1

My original post got lost back on page 386. I knew there were 6 goslings, but would probably have to go frame by frame to follow them.

If the moderators or camera people cannot find the geese family, will Percy be able to tell us if he can see them? It sounds, from what I've read, that this body of water is either on his property or close by. I was holding my breath for as long as I could see them knowing that Jack and Jill were on one side and the hawk family on the other. It would be comforting to know if the whole family made it to the water safely.

Thank you all so much.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Hauntedtiger (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:04 PM EDT  
Hauntedtiger

WOW I am finally home again.. it has been a long day and I am quite tired.. I have 117 photos to convert. Keith did his best with the video and I will have to piece it together, he was all over the place with it, so I won't be able to put that up right away. I will post all the photo's here asap.

I can tell you that all 6 jumped.. the one was dazed but his feet did work, although he was slower than the rest, he did catch up and they all made it safe and sound to the lake. Percy opened the gate for them to go through and Clyde waited for the 6th one to catch up, he could only go a few steps then stop.. once they got in the lake they all seemed to be fine.. when I left they had made their way to the spot where we saw Clyde hanging out most of the time, however because of the privacy area, you can't see them sitting below the willow tree.

Percy was a great host to Keith and I and kindly made me a pot of coffee. Once all was said and done, they cracked a beer in celebration.

Thanks so much Percy and Deb for allowing us to hang out and get the photos of todays events.

I am sad that 2 eggs remained unhatched but that is life in the wild.
I have enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you all as we went through these events over, gosh, not sure how many months, somewhere around 6 I think.

Ok my friends, I need to grab something to eat.

Hauntedtiger AKA PamelaD
Mission, B.C.
Content Provider - Mission Eagles Nests

Forum

Mission, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Raining22 (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:10 PM EDT  
Raining22

Quote by: Hauntedtiger

WOW I am finally home again.. it has been a long day and I am quite tired.. I have 117 photos to convert. Keith did his best with the video and I will have to piece it together, he was all over the place with it, so I won't be able to put that up right away. I will post all the photo's here asap.

I can tell you that all 6 jumped.. the one was dazed but his feet did work, although he was slower than the rest, he did catch up and they all made it safe and sound to the lake. Percy opened the gate for them to go through and Clyde waited for the 6th one to catch up, he could only go a few steps then stop.. once they got in the lake they all seemed to be fine.. when I left they had made their way to the spot where we saw Clyde hanging out most of the time, however because of the privacy area, you can't see them sitting below the willow tree.

Percy was a great host to Keith and I and kindly made me a pot of coffee. Once all was said and done, they cracked a beer in celebration.

Thanks so much Percy and Deb for allowing us to hang out and get the photos of todays events.

I am sad that 2 eggs remained unhatched but that is life in the wild.
I have enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you all as we went through these events over, gosh, not sure how many months, somewhere around 6 I think.

Ok my friends, I need to grab something to eat.

Glad you are back safe and sound, Pam. Your report can wait until you are warm and fed. Thank you so much Pam, Keith, Percy and Deb for allowing us to witness this spectacular event. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thanks David Hancock for always having your cams in the right place at the right time and for doing such a fantastic zooming job today. Thanks to ALL the zoomers.

Thanks to everyone who recorded, posted and watched this miraculous event and thanks Bonnie, Clyde and 6 babies. We wish you all the luck in the world. hug

"And little eagles wave their wings in gold. Alexander Pope

~ Debbe ~ 2011

Forum

The Maritimes,
Canada

Profile     PM

By: gd (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:10 PM EDT  
gd

Just caught up on all the posts and there is yours Pamela- thank you - what a day! Well done and all is well.Left thumb up

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM EDT  
Darlene

Thanks Pam for the report, looking forward to your pics. Great job here today everyone.hug

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM EDT  
JudyB

Wonderful news - thanks so much, Pam!

And thank you all for an excellent job today - great zooming, great observations and pictures.

And welcome to all the new members - so happy to have you here for this exciting event!

(I have made a few pictures visible by adding FILE tags - hope that's OK with everyone. There's an explanation in the Helpful Hints link in my signature, or you can send me a PM - personal message).

And thanks to the zoomers and observers who've been here over the last month or so reporting on Bonnie and Clyde - and to Percy and Deb for letting us have a camera - and to David Hancock and the HWF team for making it all happen!

Bravo

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Hauntedtiger (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM EDT  
Hauntedtiger

You are all most welcome and Thank all of you for making this possible.. I'm leaving for now, but I converted a shot that I think you have all waited for.

Click on image to download

Many more to come.. hug

Hauntedtiger AKA PamelaD
Mission, B.C.
Content Provider - Mission Eagles Nests

Forum

Mission, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, May 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM EDT  
mmud

Thank you all for the wonderful s'caps, pics, and vids of all that has happened since Bonnie & Clyde moved into "their" nest. It has been a real pleasure to watch. Smile

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:33 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate