The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Lake Washington, WA - 2012-2015 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: sydie (offline) on Monday, October 08 2012 @ 09:28 AM EDT  
sydie

Good Morning Allwave

I took these this morning and wanted to share. I have no idea what the cam is doing there, but it is driving me crazy !!

Click on image to download

But I do love this awesome view

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, October 08 2012 @ 11:38 AM EDT  
MaryF

:hello: Good morning Sydie! What I think has happened is that quite recently a new PTZ camera with sound was installed. I think it's moving around a lot right now because whoever is operating it is testing it and trying to figure out some good viewing angles for us. It's a nice different view from past years with no hidden places in the nest any more. I do wish that they had left the old camera as well as I do enjoy those side views with the eagles looking you in the eye. Maybe it is still there---only time will tell! Roll eyes

It's great that you got to see one of the parents this morning!Left thumb up

Click on image to download A beautiful early morning view--about 8AM nest time.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: sydie (offline) on Monday, October 08 2012 @ 03:00 PM EDT  
sydie

Hi Mary, I took this about noon nest time. Guess I just got lucky and tuned in at the right time.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Twizzkid (offline) on Monday, October 08 2012 @ 03:43 PM EDT  
Twizzkid

Hi Mary, debs, sydie wave, am really enjoying your scaps and posts and am fascinated by the whole bee issue. I think they are rotating the cam through preset views at the moment - took me a minute to figure that out LOL - even though it says "preset" on the screen Grin. The bees are sure still there. I should have checked here before i blogged seeing the parent on the branch, sydie, your pics of parent on the nest are way cool and even better than the one I posted on my blog of the parent on the branch!! Do the bees quiet down in the dark? Do they even bother the Eagles? since clearly from sydie's scaps the Eagles are on the nest bees or no bees. I guess I have to go learn something about bees. Chin

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sydie (offline) on Tuesday, October 09 2012 @ 03:20 PM EDT  
sydie

Quote by: Twizzkid

Hi Mary, debs, sydie wave, am really enjoying your scaps and posts and am fascinated by the whole bee issue. I think they are rotating the cam through preset views at the moment - took me a minute to figure that out LOL - even though it says "preset" on the screen Grin. The bees are sure still there. I should have checked here before i blogged seeing the parent on the branch, sydie, your pics of parent on the nest are way cool and even better than the one I posted on my blog of the parent on the branch!! Do the bees quiet down in the dark? Do they even bother the Eagles? since clearly from sydie's scaps the Eagles are on the nest bees or no bees. I guess I have to go learn something about bees. Chin

Hi Twizzkid and welcome to this thread. When you learn something about Bees please let me know too ! I have no idea what is drawing them to the nest. Maybe a beehive under the nest? I hope you come back often and visit & please feel free to add your pics to this thread.

Sydie

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Twizzkid (offline) on Tuesday, October 09 2012 @ 08:40 PM EDT  
Twizzkid

Hi Sydie, haven't found a darn thing yet about bees vs eagle. Will keep searching though Cool

Here's a snapshot of someone home with a fish dinner a few minutes ago (5:30PDT)

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sydie (offline) on Wednesday, October 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM EDT  
sydie

Quote by: Twizzkid

Hi Sydie, haven't found a darn thing yet about bees vs eagle. Will keep searching though Cool

Here's a snapshot of someone home with a fish dinner a few minutes ago (5:30PDT)

Hi Twizzkid:hello:

Looks like you both had a good catch !!! Thanks

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sydie (offline) on Wednesday, October 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM EDT  
sydie

Good Morning wave

Here are a couple I caught this morning. I do not like the preset mode the cam is in, but better than nothing.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate