The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, April 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM EDT  
jkr

12:30 pm
Mom returned. I can't see past Dad's head but she may have brought in a small stick.
Click on image to download

12:33 pm
Dad's turn to fly off ---- drats I missed the scap.

12:36 pm
Dad returned with a long stick but I have no idea why he decided it should be placed outside the nest.
In fact as soon as I grab the scap it disappeared so I think he lost it. Silly bird has a thing or two to learn about nest building.

He's off likely searching for another good stick.

12:37 pm
He's back again but lands on the post again outside the nest. No sticks this time. He didn't stay more than a couple of seconds and took off again.

Out unfortunately I am out for the remainder of the day. Hope to see lots of stick on the nest later :hello:

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, April 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM EDT  
Jean

2:52pm..............Good afternoon all! I have been checking on and off lately as I noticed the camera up and running............so nice to see our osprey back again! Now I need to read all of your posts to catch up!!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, April 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM EDT  
Jean

2:55pm............This adult is still here. Is this our SuperMom from last season? She was indeed a remarkable creature! There are more sticks on the nest than I observed a week ago.

Some creative grooming.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Thursday, April 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM EDT  
BET

3:00pm MDT

Hi Jean! Yes this is SuperMom and her new Mate. She brought him in with her. She must have spent some time in courtship on the Northern migration as she accepted his mating with her immediately on there arrival! Roll eyes

Judy: I checked my recording. It did stop, but not until after the segment you asked about. Images below. And yes, a split second - 3/4 of a second

In watching earlier in the morning I thought I saw a pair of Ospreys flying up river - but the images were too small to be certain. They were brown and white.

I am glad to see Dad (I'll call him Dad too even if it is a bit premature - better than having to change names mid-stream. Maybe we should just name him Casanova as he has wasted no time in the love department) is bringing in some sticks. A bit ago he actually bit a branch off of one of the ones sticking up so it would lay flatter. He brought in a bit of grass too. Mom has been resting on the back rim while he has been bringing in the sticks.

You mentioned his trying to fill the space between the nest box and the post. Mom did that twice this am. She also did it last year and they finally did get it filled in. Lots of sticks went down to the ground though.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, April 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

:hello: Judy, Jean and BET, TY for the scaps and reports.

Turned on cam at 3:13 pm to find both on the nest, Mom on the close rim and Dad in the far right corner. Dad flew off at 3:19 and Mom sat there, occasionally looking down and finally she flipped around facing the river at 3:46 pm. Nice to see the ice slowly disappearing from the island at long last.

3:50 pm Dad flew in again and did what he seems to do best. After mating he hovered above the nest and landed on the left corner riverside, then flew off and returned at 3:55 with a fish for Mom, at least I think that's what she was grasping as she flew off. Dad followed at 3:57 pm.

Lots of action now, - both are back doing stick work in the left corner of the nest . And bothare off again by 4:11. I'd love to stay but have theatre tonight. So good to see Supermom back with her new beau. Grin

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, April 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM EDT  
Jean

9:18pm....................I believe this is our Supermom now...............pretty late to be here.

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, April 25 2013 @ 11:21 PM EDT  
Jean

9:20pm..............Ma? lifted up and flew off to the right. ( Sorry for the arrow in the middle of this s'cap)

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, April 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM EDT  
jkr

FRIDAY APRIL 26, 2013

Good morning All. :hello:

7:41 A.M.
No one home when I first turned on the camera and then suddenly Mom arrived .
Looking at the comparison of the nest this morning with last night I'd say they have been busy building this morning.

7:43 A.M.
That was a quick visit and she's off again.

7:45 A.M.
She is home again and does a bit of renovation work near the side of the bowl and then she is off once again.

7:48 A.M.
Home with another stick for the nest. I'm not sure if it has been Mom each visit because a couple of times the O was facing the wrong direction and I didn't see the breast feathers but judging by the head feathers I'm almost certain it is her.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:08 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate