Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM EDT  
Bluebird1

Good morning, Judy.

Dad actually brought in a small piece of bark and placed it close to Mom, about five min. earlier he brought in a larger piece and placed it on the right upper rim.

It is not supposed to resume raining until this afternoon if the weatherman is right but I agree with all of you, -how wonderful it would be if the koi pond were available for these two!

8:45 am Mom looks much more comfortable brooding today. A small bird just chased a larger one, - possibly a crow - up river below the nest and they turned back again. More action now as the sun is trying shine. Sunny

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM EDT  
jkr

Thanks JD. I was really late checking the cam this morning and wasn't too sure what Dad had been doing.

9:47 am
Mom was up for an egg roll.
Nice to see a tiny bit of sunshine.
Click on image to download

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 12:08 PM EDT  
jkr

1`0:07 am
Mom was up for an egg roll and Dad arrived at the same time. Maybe he was hoping she would switch with him but she hunkered down over the eggs again.

Both chirping at something they're seeing overhead. Whatever upset them must have been passing through.

10:14 am
Dad flew off leaving Mom to tend the eggs.

Out I'm out -- errands to run.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM EDT  
BET

:hello:

Morning all

I slept in this am so I am late. Glad to read the mornings activities. AND more than glad to see the sun shinning. The nest as well as the O's will have a chance to dry out a bit. It is nice to know that the nest is all natural materials that should drain and dry quickly , unlike when human clothing is part of the base.

JD: What does COTG stand for? Also, you were gone - the little Sparrow has a mate and they apparently have made a nest in the upper right corner of the box. They pop in and out of the sticks there. Occasionally go into the box in the near right corner and have a path under the sticks as they will appear out of the upper right. They do provide some action during this egg waiting time.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Hi Bet and Judy,

COTG = Changing of the guard. Particularly helpful when you don't feel certain of "who's who" yet. Titter

My friend and I put off our May species count until tomorrow as there is still a heavy rainfall warning n. of Calgary in the area where we count from dawn to dusk. There is a frost warning here tonight but it should warm up a bit before then.

Mom looked to be snoozing in the sun an hour ago, must feel good to dry out a little. She sure is tenacious in guarding and warming those eggs! I hope dad has good luck with his fishing expeditions today, he will need it.

I am out now too so hopefully you are running tape, Bet. Lady wouldn't leave her eggs at the Loch either but no word yet of a hatch.

10:35 am Mom looking around but still sits low on her eggs.

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Yay! Dad in with a good-sized fish for Mom. She was up and off with it immediately, nummers - to put in one of your favorite words, Bet.Rolling on floor laughing
Now I'm really leaving ,lol.

eta Was so excited I forgot to note the time! A few min. before 11:00 am is the best I can do, sorry.

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM EDT  
BET

2:10pm MDT

At 1:46pm Dad flew in with a stick
After placing it he snuggled up next to Mom staying there for a minute. Then flew off

1:48pm
Dad flew in with a glob of something - placed it and then snuggled up to Mom staying for two minutes

1:52pm
Dad flew in with a stick
Place it and then snuggled up to Mom for a couple of minutes before leaving

2:00pm
Dad flew in with a stick

Placed it and snuggled up to Mom Again for a couple of minutes. At least once each time he did his snuggle up bit he bent his head down to Mom's chest area in what appeared to be touching the eggs. Or maybe he was giving her a shove so he could egg sit?

Perhaps he should be named Velcro? Green LOL

Yeah JD I really really liked Nummers

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, May 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM EDT  
BET

Cam went down at 4:23pm Saturday May 25. I have sent an email to EmMax address. Perhaps you who do Facebook can notify and harrass them there too

BET

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate