The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: lilywriter (offline) on Monday, September 02 2013 @ 02:19 AM EDT  
lilywriter

Thank you for the updates Michelle and Janet.

I love seeing the pictures and the video. Boy, did Supermom ever catch a big fish!!!

It is nice to know the whole family is still there and mom is taking care of her babies.

Thank you again!

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: amd (offline) on Monday, September 02 2013 @ 02:49 AM EDT  
amd

Thought I'd check one more time before retiring...what a wonderful surprise Janet!!!! We really just missed each other, but truly that was a great tag-team move without even knowing about it! Soooo good to see all of our favorite O's together --- and that fish is mega-massive! Love that you captured each chick flying in separately back into the nest, (that is something that I haven't seen happen in person yet this year) and I especially love Supermom's proud look on her face in your last photoRed Heart -- absolutely adorable!!! Thanks so much for the videos too Janet, it means so very much to all of us!

Michelle

Forum

Calgary, AB Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Monday, September 02 2013 @ 12:18 PM EDT  
BET

Thank You Janet

Wonderful images and video. I agree with you that the chicks had recently eaten as there was no contest at all, not even a token one over who got that fat fish.

You noted that SuperMom arrived and it appeared she communicated with Dad and they both flew off. Perhaps she was telling him where the fish were feeding. She is really applying the skills she learned last year by catching the fish and delivering it to the chicks. Not waiting for New Dad to do his job.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: ErnieL (offline) on Monday, September 02 2013 @ 07:56 PM EDT  
ErnieL

***Thanks for the wonderful postings, pictures & video's. I haven't been down there for a long time & I haven't been in here for awhile. I was surprised to see the chicks are as large or larger than the parents. Everyone looks super healthy, a beautiful O family indeed.Cloud 9

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, September 02 2013 @ 08:51 PM EDT  
jkr

I haven't checked in here for a few days but so glad I did today. Thank you so much for the updates, photos and videos...they are amazing.
It is so heartwarming to know this family has done so well this year.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, September 02 2013 @ 09:11 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thank you all for the outstanding pictures. videos and reports on this beautiful family.....the ground here should be very proud of themselves..... you are all incredible... thank you for keeping us informed and we are all soo happy that this beautiful Osprey family is doing so well...........hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, September 03 2013 @ 09:31 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Wow, wow, and more wow......Just back from my trip and to see this family doing so fantastically with reporting that is above and beyond is incredible!

Thank you Christine, Michelle, Janet, for just everything.......They are spectacular.

Bravo and Yes, First Place!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Friday, September 06 2013 @ 12:33 AM EDT  
Jean

Just stopping by to check on all the happenings. I'm so very happy to see how well things are working out for this family..............a near tragedy for them and it has turned out so well! Remembering what Mom went through last year makes this all the more important for her to succeed.............she doesn't deserve any more losses or heartache........if that's what birds feel? But she does manage to come out of difficult situations doesn't she? Gotta love and admire her! Thanks to everyone who posts here............good luck to our lovely Calgary osprey and all the people who live here. hug

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:00 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate