You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - DeltaOWL Camera Archives
 Delta OWL Eagle Nest Discussion/Obs/Pics/Videos
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: pudzzy1 () on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM EDT  
Anonymous: pudzzy1

Quote by: pudzzy1
There was fetus in one egg & it would be interesting to know if these 2 can make furtile eggs

My thought on this was that we know the eggs where furtile but why didnt the fetus break the shell Everyone here thinks that a while ago baby # 1 tried to hatch
. If as soon as the eagles leave I was hopeing David or someone could get up to the nest to take the eggs. Maybe see hard the shell is etc ...get there before crows etc get & break the eggs ..Cam would show when eagles leave

By: sandra gee (offline) on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM EDT  
sandra gee

11:03am
No change, Mom's brooding, no sign of Dad.

Out

Sandra, Nanaimo BC
Member since Spring, 2006
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"
Song for Sean, John Lennon

Forum

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM EDT  
stim

:hello: Every time I've dropped in today someone is on the nest, sitting so patiently and quietly. Not even sure if there's been a shift change. There's been change of position. The devoted endurance of this pair continues, endearing them even more to my heart.

3:16 Parent looked like it sneezed, no sound heard, then head down with beak in the bedding.

3:17 Head up again, looking around.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: beans (offline) on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM EDT  
beans

The "Delta Faithful" will gather here tonight to talk about these patient and loyal eagles... We'll watch the nest till the end Red Heart

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: cockatiel (offline) on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM EDT  
cockatiel

Count me among the "Delta Faithful". 3rd year I've been watching them and keep hoping and hoping. I've been reading all the posts, and I noticed too how they didn't add much to the nest and took them awhile to do a decent bowl. Still need practice? It's sad to see them incubating until nature tells them they won't be parents this year. :cry1:

Candy

Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans

CANDACE DIED IN OCT. 2016. SHE WAS A FAITHFUL DONOR AND SUPPORTED OF OUR EAGLE CAMS. ALTHOUGH SHE RARELY POSTED IN THE CAM THREADS, SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE EAGLEHOLICS ANONYMOUS THREAD. SHE WILL BE MISSED.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM EDT  
stim

5:32 Logged in to find Faith on the nest, ever vigilant. Flyout leaving 2 intact eggs.

5:33 Faithful flies in and resumes incubating. A slight nudge to the forward egg, then down for the count.

These 2 show us endurance, patience and loyalty more of us could assume. They are predators but with such gentleness toward their offspring. They are motivating.

I am out now. Sorry I couldn't make the get together this evening.

Cockatiel, I just received your sending to the forum in my email addie. We shared a lot last season. Next one has to be better. I will be here like in 2009 until they leave the nest. Devotion deserves devotion. Smile

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

Hi Everybody

I've never had time to watch this nest full-time, but as with all the nests I do my regular stop ins to read and see how they are as I have since I first joined. I like you all hope upon hope that 2012 is the magical year for this sweet couple Wub

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Monday, April 25 2011 @ 10:43 PM EDT  
Darlene

Ma was just up for an egg roll, settle back in, then got up and found a little nestover to eat. Has she been on the nest all afternoon? It sure is heart-wrenching to watch her incubating so faithfully for nothing especially when she is obviously hungry:cry1:
Video of her doing an egg roll and then settling back in. Right after I stopped running video is when she got up and found some small leftover to eat on the nest.Red Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zab-xnUtkFE

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:40 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate