The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - DeltaOWL Camera Archives
 Delta OWL Eagle Nest Discussion/Obs/Pics/Videos
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, February 07 2011 @ 04:49 PM EST  
Pat B

1:45 pm
I have never seen the wind this bad here!
How the branches are staying on the nest, I don't know!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, February 07 2011 @ 09:40 PM EST  
JudyB

It was amazing to watch - and I've not a clue if anyone visited, The noise from the wind was way too loud for me to have the sound on even a little. Hopefully tomorrow will be more peaceful.

And I think I need some help from someone in BC. It's now 6:38 pm in BC. All the other cams have switched to night vision, and are looking quite dark. And it's still light here:
Click on image to download

I refreshed - the cam isn't stuck. I know enough geography to know that Sidney is quite a bit further west. Why is it light here??

Added -

Oops....

Thanks, Judy, for giving us a really embarrassed smiley - I think I need one now.

:embarrassed2:

I just realized the cam was down, and the wind I was hearing was at White Rock. :embarrassed2:

I've now rebooted the cam, and have a lovely view of the sun setting at Delta.

G'night, Delta friends sleepy With luck tomorrow will be a better day. love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jewill (offline) on Monday, February 07 2011 @ 10:05 PM EST  
jewill

:hello: JudyB - yes the wind was certainly blowing all day today around here. It's died down now and the forecast does not mention anything about it for tomorrow.
As for it being light at 6:38 pm - sunset was 5:15 pm and it was still 'sort of' light until about 5:30 but I assure you that it was pitch dark by 6:38. I live only about 10 miles from the nest so what is happening here is also going on there. The only thing I can think of is that the cam was on a recording for a little while :dunno:.
Oh I see we have a few new smileys - I think the umbrella one will be used often here.
One thing I wanted to ask - on the forum home page does everyone else now have ads running down both the right and left side? They partially block the text so you can't see who updated each thread and it even blocks some of the White Rock cam image. Very annoying Rant:.

Judy W.
Surrey, BC, Canada
(Photo used with permission)

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, February 07 2011 @ 10:26 PM EST  
JudyB

Hi Judy :hello:

Thanks for the information! I finally realized that the cam was stuck - once I rebooted the encoder, it looked a lot more reasonable!

If you look at any of our pages without logging in - you'll see lots of ads on both sides of the page - and I'm afraid they do get in the way. If you sign in - the ads should disappear. Smile

If you're signed in and still see ads - please let me know. That shouldn't be happening, and we will fix it. Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, February 08 2011 @ 10:54 AM EST  
JudyB

February 8, 2011

Good morning! Looks much more peaceful today - a bit of a breeze, but not a monsoon!

7:50 am
Heard some trills, but didn't see anyone.

8:48 am
More trills, and someone is perched in the upper left corner.

Haven't been able to see any white, but with the light from behind, I'm not sure I would.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, February 08 2011 @ 12:00 PM EST  
JudyB

8:50 am
An eagle-sized bird flew in and I think landed in the branch above the nest, just out of sight at the top of the screen. Some calls between it and the one perched on the left. I wasn't fast enough to get the fly-in.

Now I'm wondering if the newcomer is perched above the eagle on the left - it's looking up. There seemed to be some movement there. I'm thinking the one I can see looks like a juvie - in which case I still wonder that it's allowed to share the tree. But I really can't tell.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: jaja () on Tuesday, February 08 2011 @ 12:04 PM EST  
Anonymous: jaja

I think it's a juvie or we'd be seeing a smidgen of white somewhere.

It's certainly odd how the adults don't seem to mind it being there. Puzzled
Only time will tell but if the adults intend to use this nest I think they would be doing a bit of work by now --- unless David did such a splendid job that they have no renovating to do Green LOL

OOOPPs --- it's me jkr. I was trying out a generic membership account and forgot to change to my regular account. :embarrassed2: Good thing I added the super embarrassed smiley Rolling on floor laughing

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, February 08 2011 @ 12:11 PM EST  
JudyB

I'm pretty sure I saw a white tail as the one we've been seeing flew away. The other left a moment later, and I think I saw a flash of white. Heard a few calls, and all is now quiet.

(Hi jkr/jaja!)

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:43 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate