Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, September 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM EDT  
jkr

Re: Having a separate Ground Crew/Observer Thread.

We love the idea but we do have a small problem in accomplishing that. If the Calgary Osprey thread had it's own forum it would be very easy to attach a "ground crew observer" thread to this thread.
As it stands the Calgary Osprey thread is in a forum with numerous other osprey cam threads. At this point it is much more convenient to post all of your Calgary pictures from numerous nests in this current thread so that you aren't forever searching for a separate thread to post in.
I hope that's okay with our Calgary members ...... Christine, JD, Janet, Rick, Sharon, .... and I hope I haven't missed anyone. I do apologize if I did.
Having views of numerous nests around Calgary makes it all that much more interesting and gives everyone here an idea of the beautiful river system that flows through the city, so I hope you all will keep sharing your photos here.

We are always open to more ideas so please be sure to let us know if there is anything you'd like to see happen.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, September 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM EDT  
BET

I agree with Judy R

Please, keep all the Calgary Osprey photos and comments, be they the Zoo/EnMax nest, other nests, and/or ground images in this forum. They all, as predators on the Bow River fish, interact with each other in some way. Having information and images of all possible Ospreys, make this forum a much more interesting adventure. Not that the Zoo/EnMax Ospreys don't provide a lot of adventure all by themselves!!!Roll eyes

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, September 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Judy is, of course, right! I hadn't thought about this nest not having it's own forum. Just keep the photographs coming. We love them all and they have a welcoming home right here in this thread. Cheers

Our nest this afternoon.

Click on image to download

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, September 22 2012 @ 08:04 PM EDT  
Jean

Thanks for clarifying all that Judy! It seems to make sense to keep things all together! It is easy to forget and some people don't realize that not all sites have the same set up. What will work in one place does not always fit in another!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Saturday, September 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Thank You

As long as no one minds the photos of other nests, I will post some. I took some the other night at one of the nests. Dad and the two juvies were still here.

Here is dad bringing a fish to the nest. He brings one around 6:30 or 7:00 at night.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, September 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM EDT  
JudyB

What a spectacular picture - thank you so much, Christine!
Bravo

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, September 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM EDT  
Jean

Christine,,,,,,,,,what a great photo! Such a good pose showing that huge fish that Dad brought in. It is good to know some of them are still around...............but soon..........soon. Titter

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, September 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM EDT  
jkr

Christine, that is a fantastic shot ! Clapping You were certainly at the right place at the right time to catch that one.
The lifting power of those birds leaves me in awe.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:02 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate