The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Thursday, September 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Morning......

Janet! Thank you so much....that is wonderful to see. I hope the pictures stay - it shows us a different perspective of the same area and another nest.
Beautiful.......
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, September 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM EDT  
jkr

Good morning.
Great pictures Janet and thank you for posting them.
There are still a few osprey at their nests around the Cranbrook area as well. With all this beautiful weather it seems that not everyone is in a real rush to migrate this year.

A big fat grey squirrel paid a visit to the nest this morning.
Click on image to download

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Thursday, September 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

5:06pm all quiet at the moment.

PS~ speaking of osprey still in their nesting areas I read a FB post from hellgate saying the pair there are still in the area, too.

Maybe if we have the good fortune to have such a wonderful Calgary Ground Crew taking photos of the Calgary Osprey, from this nest or other nests in the area, next season we can set up a thread where they can post their photographs and stories. :thumrht:

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, September 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM EDT  
Jean

8:06pm...........Hello Judy, Carolyn and Terry! I see we all still are taking a peek! The camera is still running but alas the nest is empty. Terry, you are right. At Hellgate, Dad and one chick are still there! The chick had an injured wing and Dad has been awesome in looking after this girl! But her wing seems better and we expect that they will both leave very soon! So there is quite a variation in time when these birds leave on their migrations but I expect the warm weather has really helped to keep them here longer.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Friday, September 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: terrytvgal

5:06pm all quiet at the moment.

Maybe if we have the good fortune to have such a wonderful Calgary Ground Crew taking photos of the Calgary Osprey, from this nest or other nests in the area, next season we can set up a thread where they can post their photographs and stories. :thumrht:

hi Everyone,

I still check our nest -- have no idea what I expect to see but you never know.

It would be neat to be able to have a thread to post some pictures. I go to some of the other Calgary nests too and have to share a quick story. At one of the nests, the magpies are quite active -- not at the nest but at some trees and poles. One evening we went to the nest, we watched magpies go after a fish the adult male was eating on the top of a pole!! Cheeky birds. Just last night, dad osprey delivered a huge fish to his nest (still two juvies around) and then he flew to a tree. Two bold and brash magpies would not leave him alone and he hand nothing. For the most part, he ignored them but he did flap his wings a little at them.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Friday, September 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: mjb

8:06pm...........Hello Judy, Carolyn and Terry! I see we all still are taking a peek! The camera is still running but alas the nest is empty. Terry, you are right. At Hellgate, Dad and one chick are still there! The chick had an injured wing and Dad has been awesome in looking after this girl! But her wing seems better and we expect that they will both leave very soon! So there is quite a variation in time when these birds leave on their migrations but I expect the warm weather has really helped to keep them here longer.

I have been watching Hellgate also and a couple of days ago, Squish the other juvie came in for a brief spot but Crown Royal will not let him stay at the nest.

There sure is a difference in when osprey leave. I will be sorry to see them all go though.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Friday, September 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM EDT  
Jean

:hello:Hi Christine! Yes, Squish from Hellgate did make an appearance several days ago. So they often are hanging around when we all think they have left. She has not been seen at the nest since so maybe she finally left or maybe she is waiting for Dad and CR to go too ( sorry I'm off topic here). I loved your post about the osprey Dad in the tree with the magpies...........reminds me of the crow problem they had at the WR eagle nest. I guess everyone is hungry and protective.........that's nature. It would be really great to have a Ground Observers thread for you to post on. That way we can quickly find your posts rather than looking through all the others.

I do think our chicks here are gone however, it has been like watching a screen with the pause button stuck. Not much action anyhere!:ds:

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, September 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Our nest this afternoon...

@4:46pm

I will mention a 'Ground Crew' thread to the Admins. Christine. Nodding yes
We have always referred to the wonderful photographers who step up to provide a different perspective on the birds our 'ground crew' or our 'content providers'-- as David calls them.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:18 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate