The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

The whole sequence I just read back and viewed was so very incredible and heart warming. Mom on the nest for so long, just waiting, probably as stated wondering what to do now. She deserves an osprey medal (or a nice large fish).

Thank y'all for documenting that so carefully. and BET maybe it will be the last time, maybe not? To whomever asked for back up on this nest, thank you! This experience with y'all have been over the top.
Now to wait and see if we see (a) chicks (b) mom!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

HI Bet... Love your captures of Mom leaving the nest.. i have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes also... she is an amazing Mom..Red Heart I also get the feeling she is leaving...but time will tell.

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Ditto Bev.........hug
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

7:36pm
Nest is still empty..

Click on image to download

It seems an empty nest is becoming the norm today.. we are experiencing the same thing at Hellgate for the best part of today ..although we did see the only chick that is left and Dad also... we even have a fish on the nest at Hellgate left there by the chick who brought it to the nest and preferred the one Dad brought her......

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM EDT  
JudyB

I'm so glad you caught Mom's flight off the nest, BET - we won't know for a couple of days, but I also felt that she was leaving. love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi everyone! I have a modest update on the chick in rehab. I don't have lots of details but have heard that the chick is doing great but not yet ready for release. I'll pass on any additional information as soon as it becomes available.

As far as I know, this has not been published anywhere official, and the information was given to me because it's known that the people here are concerned about the young osprey, whether or not it's from the nest we're documenting here.

I do realize that the chick will have some catching up to do when it's released, and encourage people to join me in focusing on the fact that the youngster did survive the initial trauma of being in rehab, and is doing well - and in hoping that she will be able to be released soon.

Thank You

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM EDT  
Jean

8:56pm...........Thank you everyone for all your excellent posts today! I am happy to hear that chick #3 is doing well. It is heart tugging to see mom on the nest like that for so long. I have seen that kind of thing before and I remember thinking the same thing.........they are here to say goodbye. And it happened. So, maybe this was mom's last visit for the year. I hope the chicks will follow her or perhaps lead the way! This mom was a spectacular mom! The instinct of motherhood is strong and no one else could have done a better job! Fly safe Mom.............return next season as we are already waiting for you! Young chicks..........a whole new world for you.............live free. Red HeartClapping

Empty nest.
Click on image to download

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi Everyone!

Judy, thank you for that report on possible chick #3. It was wonderful of you to do that; or them to give it to you; either way it is wonderful. That is a blessed relief. The chick should catch up.

As for Mom I had what was to me a fascinating reflection. Remember that Mom usually leaves long before Dad and he basically shuts down the nest leaving about same time as chicks or after. This had to be Mom's first time ever being the last there! Now that is assuming the chicks have left, which I kind of believe they have. She must have felt a sense of urgency to go (we'll see) and also maybe a sense of sadness (if she can feel that, who knows?) over Dad. Now she moves on to a new situation after migration which is a huge step for her each year - taken bit by bit to accomplish a long trip. I just felt like sharing that.......
sweet dreams all and safe travels if you are gone family, (although we always hope to see you one more time)
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:11 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate