The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Gerard () on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 06:36 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Gerard

JudyB i work in a hospital,it's very busy,we take many calls,i understand fully that they are a caring facility,but i'm of more straight-forward
approach,many Zoo's at times can make mistakes,i don't feel
at all that we should silence ourselves,it's just that kind of closed attitude,not to question i feel can lead to everything being swept under
the table,the fact that no infomation is released is of question,the thought
that the other bird just migrated would have been a very,very early migration,so i do not think for one second thats that is the case,i
understand people may get touchy at the zoo,they have a PR program like everyone else,
they raise money,they ask for donations,then why should they not be forthright! If they released infomation,then not much more would
possibly be said,but the fact that as you stated she's in a small cage,the chick at this nest
was also a female,no exercise!!!,that they are trying to put a tube down her throat,a full drawn out medical (maybe,maybe not?),that she's
a bird that is very unadaptable in captivity,so are they gonna be open or not,it's close to migration,
there's a lot this bird has got to learn,i visited the facebook page,theres natta,go figure,
i say to everyone,yes,i'll agree at times i can be tough,but to sit back,say nothing,just accept what is,well we know where that took us
has a society,all i ask is what!!! is going on
there,is that too much?

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 06:45 PM EDT  
Anonymous: luvtheO's

Does anyone know what this whispy thing is that has been floating in and out of the field of view. I saw it btw. approximately 4:18-4:25pm.
It was always appearing from the right side.
4:21pm
Click on image to download

4:28pm - S'cap of chick flying off after thoroughly enjoying his meal.

4:47pm - One chick just arrived back home and is now back where the leftover tail was @9.

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 06:50 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

4:48pm 1 chick returns to the nest goes right to 9oclock spot and seems to resume eating from whatever is left of the fish.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: gd (offline) on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 06:54 PM EDT  
gd

I think it is one of those spore pollen things rather like a dandelion seed pod, caught on a web near the cam perhaps. great catch of the fly off Luvtheos, Hello Terrywave
4:47 juvie in to claim the tail of the fish called a couple of times and has settled in to eat- seems quite hungry and is eating enthusiastically
4:51 I can't tell if it is the wind or she is defending the nest -seems to be some mantling going on- no it is defensive -lots of calling out
5:06 wind seems to be picking up sky has darkened and juvie is rocking

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 07:06 PM EDT  

Quote by: gd

I think it is one of those spore pollen things rather like a dandelion seed pod, caught on a web near the cam perhaps. great catch of the fly off Luvtheos, Hello Terrywave
4:47 juvie in to claim the tail of the fish called a couple of times and has settled in to eat- seems quite hungry and is eating enthusiastically

Thanks gd for your thoughts on what that might be. Smile Puzzled

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 07:10 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: luvtheO's

Does anyone know what this whispy thing is that has been floating in and out of the field of view. I saw it btw. approximately 4:18-4:25pm.
It was always appearing from the right side.

Not sure what it is luvthe O's... it sort of reminds me of a bit of dandelion fluff..

5:05pm I think it is raining hard right now. I can see the water being pushed down stream by what I imagine is a strong wind

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 07:11 PM EDT  

What a swift change in weather. I just went to Environment Canada to check what the forecast is for Calgary, and there's currently a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect. Winds are SSW 37 gust 50 km/h

5:06pm - Very windy looking.

Added:
Thanks Terry for your thoughts on that also.

By: gd (offline) on Sunday, September 09 2012 @ 07:13 PM EDT  
gd

just read the weather report the gusts might go up to 80kms!Don't Panic thunderstorm predicted- lie down little one lie down. beak to wind at 5:11, lots of gulls flying, river looking grey
have to go for a few minutes -hope they are ok there- and he /she is up and away-5:17pm missed the scap

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:23 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate