The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 09:34 AM EDT  
jkr

7:33 am
The chick at 7:00 is eating the old fish with gusto. He must not be the same chick that was munching on it earlier today.......or if it is the same chick he is eating it so his sibling can't have it.
Click on image to download

Out I am out for most of the day.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 10:58 AM EDT  
Jean

8:54am.......Good morning Gerard, Jean and Carolyn! There is one chick on the nest right now. It is pulling hard on the food in the lower left corner of the box. Gerard, I appreciate your views and have learned a lot from you. I don't know what is the right thing to do here but I know we all want the same result............a healthy chick that is able to go on with its life in a natural normal way. So I will keep my fingers crossed, and my eyes too if that helps! fingers crossed Rolling on floor laughing

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 11:18 AM EDT  
JudyB

9:09 am
Mom just arrived. I think she brought a fish, but am not sure. She and the chick on the nest are now both at the 12:00 position, both eating a large fish, with Mom occasionally feeding the chick.

I'm happy to seem Mom looking a little plumper than she did after her first week as a single parent. love

Hard to really catch Mom feeding the chick from this angle - but she is.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 11:33 AM EDT  
JudyB

9:32 am
A second chick just arrived. So far she's just been sitting and doing a bit of mantling in the lower left corner; Mom and the first chick continue to work on the fish.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gd (offline) on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 12:08 PM EDT  
gd

10:07 I wonder if that is ma having a splash bath in the water there -Oh and as I typed she or he is gone

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: gd (offline) on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 01:35 PM EDT  
gd

sorry- have been away from cam for an hour and when I brought it back up lone oprey juve on the nest - remains of fish and does the juvie have a fish under his/her talon? or is that a stick?
11:34am
out again for awhileOut
back in for a sec.
12:04pm two on nest-one at 4 is eating away, the other at 9 is ignoring fish remains

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 02:45 PM EDT  
Jean

12:43pm............2 chicks are on the nest. They both seem to be picking at something. The one at 7 was eating a large fish but walked away from it and now seems to be nibbling on something at the far right bottom corner of the nest. No shortage of food here!

:hello:Hello JudyB and gd!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Saturday, September 08 2012 @ 03:12 PM EDT  
Anonymous: luvtheO's

Hello Everyone,
I don't know when this new fish arrived, but this chick seems to be working on a fresh fish.

1:00pm

Gerard I also want to say that I appreciate reading your comments and views. The length of time you have been observing this bird certainly adds a very strong knowledge base to what you have to say. Thank You

I agree, we all want to see this chick released healthy and as quickly as possible. What I'm not understanding, is why it's taking so long to assess the chick for injuries. Regarding the weight issues: It spent a day on the balcony without food, then went to the CWRS for care where it's likely not eating normally, or not at all while in that environment, so yes, I'm sure it's lost weight. I guess because we don't know exactly what the issues are that have caused her to still be there, this is leaving me feeling anxious knowing each day she's in captivity is reducing her chances of survival. If we knew there were specific reasons they still need to keep her, that would alliviate my stress. They said they need to do xrays today, but could that not have been done within a day of her arrival? It's just such a critical time for this chicks survival. I really hope she can be released today if the xrays are ok.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:38 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate