The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 04:43 PM EDT  
Anonymous: luvtheO's

2:40pm - Our youngest? alone on the nest while Big Sis and Mom out fishing?
Click on image to download

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 05:09 PM EDT  

Quote by: jkr

Good morning,

I haven't had the camera on yet.

Just a note:
I have sent Enmax and the Calgary Zoo a detailed update on the missing chick with links to Rick's pictures and to let them know where she is. Between Enmax and the Zoo I hope they will have a chance to look into things. I've also requested that maybe the bird could be released on the Zoo island so that if it is our chick she will be in familiar territory.

I have also requested that they adjust the camera view.

Thank You Judy for communicating with Enmax and the Calgary Zoo. It's much appreciated!

I am SOOOO hoping that this chick will be released today, or that we will hear some news as to what is happening with her.

By: Anonymous: Gerard () on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 05:31 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Gerard

Has anybody got any confirmation whatsoever regarding whether the juvie in rehab is still alive,it's of concern to me when things get tooo
quiet,where's the open dialogue,it's the same every time with these so called experts,
whether one outcome or thee other,it would lead to more acceptance to all if there was more dialogue,just because someone claims to be
an expert or works at a zoo means natta to me,
hey Rick! how about a little update just to cool my heels.I hate to say this but the first thing that a possibly confused bird in an enclosure
as the osprey should be taken immediately to a roof
of said building,keep it five feet in from the side,if he just knocked himself out and is fine he'll instinctively take off, if he does not take off
then boogie to the super-
market
and buy her or him a three pound fish,bring it to the bird,stay out of sight but close enough like behind a door to see if any intruders come around,
if the bird is fine it just may eat the fish,if it never leaves well then their may be a problem,then call the wild-life,i only trust the natural world,man!
when these people get their hands on a bird,they could say anything,why? do i already have a bad feeling here.

By: SamsNana (offline) on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 05:33 PM EDT  
SamsNana

I hope you don't mind me chiming in? I was at the Calgary Rehab website a few minutes ago and there was a picture of the Osprey and someone there said she is doing well and they are just waiting for vet clearance to release her. They also said they weren't convinced she is the Zoo Osprey , they think she belongs to a nest which is a few blocks down from from where she was found.

In my opinion, it is the Zoo Osprey because she disappeared from the nest just before she was found and taken to rehab and hasn't been seen since. Still we will find out when she is released if she comes back to the nest.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 05:41 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: SamsNana

I hope you don't mind me chiming in? I was at the Calgary Rehab website a few minutes ago and someone there said she is doing well and they are just waiting for vet clearance to release her. They also said they weren't convinced she is the Zoo Osprey , they think she belongs to a nest which is a few blocks down from from where she was found.

In my opinion, it is the Zoo Osprey because she disappeared from the nest just before she was found and taken to rehab and hasn't been seen since. Still we will find out when she is released if she comes back to the nest.

Of course we don't mind you chiming in!! Thank you for the infromation, SamsNana. I guess at this point only time will tell.

Where ever home is for this osprey in care, I just hope it is released without incident to carry on with life as nature intended for it.
~~~

3:38pm 2 chicks on the nest.
1 at 11oclock corner the other at 7oclock corner.
Neither is eating. I don't think either has a fish (or a portion of fish) at the moment.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 05:42 PM EDT  

3:34pm - Our 2nd chick is now on the nest. I don't know when it arrived.
Click on image to download

By: Janet Preston (offline) on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 05:47 PM EDT  
Janet Preston

Just left rehab ctr. O is still alive and being fed. Xray tomorrow to b sure not injured why it wouldnt fly off balcony. O is thin and weak but receiving nutrition by tube. Also has fish supply in cage. Pls do not call the ctr. More later. I am on IPhone.
Janet

"Laughter is Gods' sunshine"
Forum

Calgary

Profile     PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 05:50 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: Janet Preston

Just left rehab ctr. O is still alive and being fed. Xray tomorrow to b sure not injured why it wouldnt fly off balcony. O is thin and weak but receiving nutrition by tube. Also has fish supply in cage. Pls do not call the ctr. More later. I am on IPhone.
Janet

Thanks for the update, Janet. Did they say whether it was eating the fish in the cage?

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:29 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate