Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 08:58 PM EDT  
Anonymous: luvtheO's

6:52pm - Good poopshoot by the fisheater.
Click on image to download

Unfortunately, she left her fish at 12 unattended...other chick wisely moves in to claim it.

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 09:08 PM EDT  

7:03pm - This chick is hoarding fish. She has the leftover piece from before plus the stolen fish.
The other chick had enough and left!

By: Anonymous: luvtheO's () on Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 09:16 PM EDT  

7:13pm - Well, Miss Piggy has finally left her 2 fish unattended down at 7 corner.

7:17pm - She's left altogether now. I wonder if Mom will come in and scoop them up like she did once before?

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 09:58 PM EDT  
JudyB

7:55 pm
One of the chicks just landed. It looked as if she was planning on calling for food - when she looked around and saw the pile of fish in the corner - and pounced!

And it now looks as if she's happily working on the bigger of the "leftovers" Titter

She's doing some flapping - I wonder if she's trying to get it organized to fly off. Guess not - she's back to eating again.

8:10 pm
I was busy watching a fish delivery at another nest, and when I looked back to this cam, the chick was gone - though both fish are there. It's strange - she did seem quite hungry as she worked on it - but didn't take it when she left.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 11:10 PM EDT  
Jean

9:02pm............So many interesting topics today! The 3rd chick that was rescued........I think that the rescue people would seize the moment to check out this chick even though it did not exhibit any problems. That is a precaution and an opportunity to provide care which would never have been offered if this hadn't happened. I think they are just doing a good job of looking after a creature that has come into their care. Magpies......related to crows! That makes sense because they seem just like the crows that bombarded the WR eagles nest this year! Peculiar places to nest...............yes Lafarge in Vancouver has a nest right there at the water's edge and there is lots of hustling and bustling going on every day at this busy sea port! I thinks the chicks of any nest will get used to the place where they were hatched as that is all they know......it is normal for them.

Empty nest...........a familiar sight now as our chicks mature. Soon they will be off...........and that is a good thing because that means they made it after all our concerns and fears!!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 11:19 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Hi Jean!!

you beat me to it by just a moment or two. Empty nest to be sure. I hope the Osprey in care isn't caught up in some kind of 'human bureaucacy' delaying his release. ( I seem to recall that when O.W.L. had one of our Delta eagles there was a delay in being able to get a bander in to band the bird before release. I don't think the bird suffered for it, but it sure was frustrating for the rest of us.)

I see the camera is still set to view the support pole for the nest and not the sandbar. Hope they will adjust that for us in the morning.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: gd (offline) on Thursday, September 06 2012 @ 11:46 PM EDT  
gd

Quote by: terrytvgal

I hope the Osprey in care isn't caught up in some kind of 'human bureaucacy' delaying his release. ( I seem to recall that when O.W.L. had one of our Delta eagles there was a delay in being able to get a bander in to band the bird before release. I don't think the bird suffered for it, but it sure was frustrating for the rest of us.)

I agree Terry..I would think time is of the essence particularly as Mom is so close to her migration time. I do hope they release the juvie tomorrow otherwise it's the weekend and who knows what will happen.

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Preston (offline) on Friday, September 07 2012 @ 12:39 AM EDT  
Janet Preston

Chick pics at the Zoo today 215-400pm
These pics were taken simultaneously. 2 on the nest and 2 in the trees. I dont know where the 2 in the trees came from, they were flying around when I arrived.
More pics to follow. Dont freak out at the aircraft in the background, the aircraft are much further away than they appear, and they attest to the fact that O will survive in varying locales regardless.
Janet

"Laughter is Gods' sunshine"
Forum

Calgary

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:42 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate