Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 08:23 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

That was wonderful! Bravo Terry for catching him catching a fish and following it up! How cool is that?

Also, Christine great to see you catching it too.

Janet, that made my day to hear that mom got a huge amount of food. She needs it to reboot her batteries before migration.

Sweet dreams all.......
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 08:32 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

6:31pm 1 chick down and away from 5oclock spot.

6:40pm still just 2 on the nest

OUT :hello:

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: arkyquest () on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 08:56 PM EDT  
Anonymous: arkyquest

Hi all,

I was watching the 3:30ish juvie fishing on the bar too - what a lot of splashing and flapping and a few hops and pounces. I missed his return though - glad to hear he might have grabbed one finally. Hooray for brains over brawn - if the others aren't going to share, I'll get my own...

Sharon

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 09:59 PM EDT  
JudyB

I've been away most of the day - and see that I missed a lot of activity! Great capture of one of the fledglings bringing a fish to the nest, Terry - wow! Left thumb up I think Christine may be right that it either bumped on the edge of the nest or something as the chick tried to land and went overboard - but still an enormous step on the path to independence!

7:58 pm
There were two chicks on the nest, and they took off one after the other. One is now back and peeping, so I think they are seeing something that makes them think someone may be bringing them a fish. Now the one on the nest took off to the left, and the nest is empty again.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 10:21 PM EDT  
Jean

8:16pm...............2 back on the nest.............grooming time. They look content enough and I imagine after today's fish deliveries they have been well fed. Terry, what an excellent sequence of events you saw! If that chick had a fish then it is a very positive sign indeed and hopefully the other chicks will be starting to get their own fish too now. That is great news to hear that Mom has been taking some important time for herself today! There are many birds down at the sand bar right now. Some dark and some light.

Click on image to download

At 8:24pm........one chick talk a short walk around the nest, flapped his wings and flew away!

The remaining chick continues to groom itself.......not bothered by being alone. The arrow shows 2 dark birds that appear to be right down in the river at the moment.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Preston (offline) on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 10:50 PM EDT  
Janet Preston

I was at the Zoo Nest from 245-415 pm today. Here are pics on Mom eating the fish which she dropped off at 305pm, she was on the far left pole, Chick on next pole behind her, then 2 Chicks on nest, all glaring at Mom and SO much squawking going on, in anticipation of the fish delivery. So I can attest that Mom ate on that fish for 20 minutes at least and I mean ATE!. You know I often wondered about the headless fish delivered and wondered if Mom was eating on them first. While I was there I saw No osprey at all on the sandbar or near the sandbar. Lots of Canada Geese, Blackbirds and Seagulls. Never saw any fishing. The O flew close to us, in and out the trees. I captured one of the chicks that flew into the trees nearby. Lots flew around us. Hope the pictures download. Earlier I was trying to type from my IPhone while at the nest, rather a challenge... Anyways this is what I saw... More pictures if these download ok.
Janet
Happiness is the Journey, not the destination

"Laughter is Gods' sunshine"
Forum

Calgary

Profile     PM

By: Janet Preston (offline) on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 11:10 PM EDT  
Janet Preston

Mom eating 245-305pm

"Laughter is Gods' sunshine"
Forum

Calgary

Profile     PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Monday, September 03 2012 @ 11:20 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Fantastic pictures, Janet. I love the one of mom eating. Nice to know she is getting food!!

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:11 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate