The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 09:49 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Morning......

Judy, BET, Sharon, Terry, Gerard, JD, Darlene, Donna, Bev......
Wow, the action continues. Sharon I love your "It's This Big" photo. A picture tells the story.

My reflection in all of this is that we can hope Mom can fatten up again starting when the chicks get the fishing aspect of this. And hopefully she won't migrate until reserves are built up. She is incredible.
Happy fishing today ospreys......
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 11:07 AM EDT  
Bluebird1

:hello:
Good morning Judy, Gerard and Carolyn and all who visit here.

Nice to have everyone's perspective. This will be an interesting week as Mom usually leaves but I do hope that she fattens herself up first, she has done such a great job with her youngsters.

The chick that was preening last night lifted off just after I signed off but Sleeping Beauty remained at 3 as I turned off the cam at 1:04 am.

I have seen only an empty nest this morning save for a magpie that flew in at 8:30am.
It quickly departed as one chick flew in and stayed at least 10 minutes. It was gone by 8:44 am but I was AFK and did not see it fly off.

9:05 am Nest is empty, sun is shining, very quiet in the area or so it seems.

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 12:36 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

10:34 am It is still quiet on the western front.

The nest has been occupied for the past hour, primarily by only one young but from 9:58 to 10:02 am there were two youngsters on the nest. Very little action however, just one sitting at mid-nest in the lovely sunshine. I am out.Out

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 01:10 PM EDT  
JudyB

from 10:45 am

I think there were two on the nest, and they began looking around, then the third arrived in a rush, and I thought a fish was on the way - and I think they did too

Click on image to download

But whatever it was (parent sighting, or possibly an intruder), they settled down, and drifted off.

11:09 am
One chick in the nest, preening and looking around.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 02:24 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: Bluebird1

:hello: Darlene,

Yes, it has been very bright the whole week, I believe.
I was calling it a Blue Moon - 2nd one in the same month - but my son said no as the full moon isn't until after midnight here. sigh sign

I want to say welcome to Sharon and thank you so much for your photos of Mom and the nest and area, they add so much and are marvelous. Thank You

I don't know if you saw any other ospreys close to the nest while you were there. Some viewers think that Mom has been aided in the fishing department lately but I don't believe that there has been any evidence of that. Everything that I have seen posted or when I was viewing the cam shows Mom bringing the fish in.

Hi everyone, I am just catching up on all the posts. Wow! Thank you for keeping us up to date. I love the photos Sharon. I have to agree with you, JD, about the help in the fishing department. Although I have seen other Osprey in the area when I have gone down to the nest or when I have been watching the camera I have never seen any evidence of someone helping mom out with fish.

I thought it was Blue Moon too!

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 02:29 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: Bluebird1

:hello:
It was gone by 8:44 am but I was AFK and did not see it fly off.

Okay, I know I am going to kick myself when I know the answer to this question but I need help. What does AFK mean? :dunno:

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 03:07 PM EDT  
JudyB

I think of it as "away from computer" - which of course doesn't actually match the letters, at least in English - so I looked it up, and it's really "away from keyboard"!

The other one that still catches me occasionally is ETA - which when used on the forum does not mean "estimated time of arrival" which is my first thought - but rather "edited to add"!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Saturday, September 01 2012 @ 03:31 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: JudyB

I think of it as "away from computer" - which of course doesn't actually match the letters, at least in English - so I looked it up, and it's really "away from keyboard"!

The other one that still catches me occasionally is ETA - which when used on the forum does not mean "estimated time of arrival" which is my first thought - but rather "edited to add"!

Not is makes sense. Thank you, JudyB. :oops: I did think ETA was estimated time of arrival! Sometimes it would make no sense but I thought that was just me.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:20 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate