The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: BET (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM EDT  
BET

This is the adult that is currently on the nest. The inbound tail fan does not show the heavy damage that the male that was on the nest at the three o'clock time frame

Click on image to download

Hi Judy R another chaotic day. I am anxious to see the male with the damaged tail feathers again.

Male tail feathers

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM EDT  
lilywriter

7:55 pm

When I was watching the nest this afternoon, it was the intruder male who had the striped tail feather and eventually turned to the camera to show the white chest.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM EDT  
golden1

BET's Comparison of dad and the male on the nest today does not show too many similarities, but is there an outside chance that dad has recovered from his injury, has missing feathers, and is now back to the nest???? I too am eager to see this male again.

will be interesting to see if that big fish is on the nest in the morning.

ETA Christine that is a good answer to my wondering thought above. Thanks for the clarification.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM EDT  
jkr

Now that we've had an intruder chick and now this other adult show up I wonder if they are both from another family that lost an adult ? Maybe we now have a new blended family :dunno:
The head markings on this odd feathered adult is definitely not Mom --- her head markings are very different and it's definitely not our Dad.

The most interesting to me is the fact that it's eating at our nest. Even Dad didn't eat at the nest when there were chicks this size.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: jkr

Now that we've had an intruder chick and now this other adult show up I wonder if they are both from another family that lost an adult ? Maybe we now have a new blended family :dunno:
The head markings on this odd feathered adult is definitely not Mom --- her head markings are very different and it's definitely not our Dad.

The most interesting to me is the fact that it's eating at our nest. Even Dad didn't eat at the nest when there were chicks this size.

Very interesting question about the blended family.

I don't think it is mom or dad either -- too different.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM EDT  
JudyB

Well, if this is Mom - I'm glad she's getting a good meal. She's been working very hard these past couple of weeks, so I'm very happy to see her getting some food for herself. love

And upon reflection, males rarely eat at the nest - though I don't know if a young male would know that. Roll eyes

Added -
Just saw your post, Judy noting that the head markings on this adult don't match Mom's. Definitely something interesting going on. (And I still hope Mom is off somewhere enjoying her own fish!)

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM EDT  
Jean

8:00pm......I have just logged on and can see there is some discussion about who is in the nest right now. I will go back and read your posts now but in the meantime......here are 3 s'caps of what is happening. I see 2 chicks and 1 adult who appear to all be eating. I can't see in front of the adult but the 2 chicks have fish. The 3rd chick........just watching.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM EDT  
jkr

I'd like to see this adult face on this time of evening. Without the sun interfering with the their colouring we'd see the breast more clearly.

8:11 pm
Boat heads down river.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 05:32 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate