The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Monday, April 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM EDT  
jkr

8:09 a.m.
Dad arrived home and immediately begins working on the bush that is stuck at the 7:00 area of the nest.
Mom has been home the entire time that I've had the camera up this morning. She hasn't done much of anything but stand gazing out from different areas of the nest. (She could be resting up to lay her eggs -- can we hope it's soon ? )
Click on image to download

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, April 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM EDT  
jkr

11:29 a.m.
I see we have more treasures on the nest. It had to be Dad who hauled all this stuff in for Mom. Green LOL
I wonder what the attraction is to plastic and paper ?

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Monday, April 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM EDT  
lilywriter

I noticed the new garbage on the nest also. You would think he would be satisfied with all the lovely nest material available and not go after the garbage!

Just a few minutes ago Dad flew in and started flapping his wings and I wondered if there was someone in the area. When I took the following s'cap he had settled a little but his wings are covering Mom a bit.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Monday, April 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM EDT  
BET

1:20pm

Yes, Dad hauled in the paper this am. I think the zoo must be keeping their trash covered. He used to haul branch and lawn clippings in and I assumed they were from the Zoo. What trash dump he has found now is a big ?

Judy - Do you have a record of when eggs were laid in previous years? I looked back over my records and they are weird - my older records don't
start until June close to hatching time and then one more recent year the cam must have been down because I have big skips in May and no record of first egg.

2010 - I show first egg laid May 9 - did not hatch thanks to plastic trash bag. 2nd and third egg laid May 13, 15. Hatched on 38 and 37 days June 20 and 21.

2011 May 2 no eggs - no records during this time - May 7 at least one egg was visible, on May 8 there were at least two. I don't know when they were laid. May 9 the third egg was visible so it was laid either the night of the 8th or morning of the 9th.

Two eggs hatched June 13 and the third on June 15 which was 37 days from delivery.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Monday, April 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Did Dad bring another garbage bag??

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Monday, April 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Quote by: BET

1:20pm

Yes, Dad hauled in the paper this am. I think the zoo must be keeping their trash covered. He used to haul branch and lawn clippings in and I assumed they were from the Zoo. What trash dump he has found now is a big ?

There are a lot of houses across the river from the nest and I wonder if he is going over there for the garbage.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Monday, April 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM EDT  
BET

Yes, Dad hauled in another trash bag while I was posting the question regarding egg dates - somewhere around 1pm.

I bet you are correct Lilly - someone across the river is careless with their garbage and Dad has found it.

Would the local TV and newspaper do some editorial on trash disposal and the Ospreys. They do it here on the Pacific Coast regarding the fishing lines etc that are tangling with and killing Dolphins, Orcas, etc They have big "clean up the beach" days.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, May 01 2012 @ 09:47 AM EDT  
jkr

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WEATHER TODAY

High 6C
Rain
Wind NW 15km/h

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 03:37 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate