You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 HEGPS Hornby Island - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM EDT  
nightowl

Hey Jill! :hello:

You got a s'cap of one of the little stinkers in the babysitting tree, but I'm still not sure which tree they were towards the top of in mine. Puzzled I know it's not the babysitting tree...it looks different, but which tree?

A few minutes ago, the one in the babysitting tree flew off towards the water, the other one was in the nest, and now one is back in the babysitting tree. I need a score card cause I have no idea if one is still on the nest or what.

Name tags...neon glow in the dark name tags...for these two. :p

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: beans (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM EDT  
beans

Boy, the trees are going to be busy at fledge time... Wooh

Hello Nightowl, jb, bev :hello: Cloud 9

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM EDT  
nightowl

Oh boy beans...isn't that the truth? I knew Hornby had alot of trees, but they really have a big selection to fly to and from! Oh My

Do you happen to know which tree is in my s'cap? That's gonna bug me till I find out.

ETA...

Is the new cam a pan and zoom, or is it a PTZ?

ETA again...

Never mind...I see it's a PTZ now.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

:hello: Nightowl, I am laughing as I thought your scap showed the babysitting tree, but your tree is east where they have all the tidepools of rock> I know because the camzoomeroonied over there! Titter I am still trying to figure this out! Grin

6.13 A parent, which one unbeknown to me, flew off nest before I could click a scap!
6.22 the cam is moving to the west and something is in the water stirring it, but I have no clue what. I hear a small boat go by and see a few ducks, but check out this water....
Click on image to download

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: beans (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM EDT  
beans

The new camera is a PTZ. We wanted a HD camera, but the broadband on Hornby will not support the HD stream. Remember when we tried to stream the WA and CU cam together? It wouldn't work because of the low quality broadband. I understand that Hornby Island has only one cable going to the mainland, and this cable carries all the phone lines plus all the broadband.

I am very happy with this cam because I can at least see the eagles again, far away as they are. And I had no idea Hornby Island looked this way! All those beautiful trees! And the shore with its tide pools, which you can see in one of my vids. The cam will keep us all in touch with the Hornby family. love

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM EDT  
nightowl

Well, Jill, I'm directionally challenged, so it's either up, down, left, or right...and I can screw that up! Green LOL

OK, I have a few thoughts about what's in the water. It could be ducks, an entire herd of Loch Ness Monsters, Canada geese...no...wait...scratch that...I don't hear any honking, or living rocks. LOL

6:38PM An eagle just flew by the cam...from right to left. OH...and trilling! Clapping

ETA...

Thanks for the info beans! Grin I had no idea Hornby looked like this either!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: beans (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM EDT  
beans

I hope to make a video of a "tour" with the cam and to tag the different trees/locations. Before I can do this, I need help from those who are familiar with Hornby Island. Right now I can identify two trees: the nest tree (hooray!) and the babysitting tree. Oh, and the tree with the cam, when the latter turns all the way around and looks at its own power box Wink

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

wave Hey Beans and Nightowl!!

Yes Beans, it is sure great to see the island, and Ma and Pa!! It is so beautiful there! I keep wanting to move the camera around myself so I can go exploring!!

Nightowl, you are so funny! OK, Left =West. RIght=East Up=North, and Down is a trick question because it would still be North wouldn't it? I don't think the cam can turn around South. Now I am even confusing myself!!Titter Yup, I thought the stuff rippling through the water was Sasquatch! Really, maybe seals?

ETA: beans, so the cam can turn around and face south!!! Rolling on floor laughing

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:30 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate