You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2012 ~ 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 11:51 AM EST  
yalitldevl

can't comment on everything but here's the best I can do

Judy that NBG nest is sooo confusing but female with dirty tail seems pretty set that she's the one! Thanks for greets

Dede wowww to the snow!!

sweet {{{{Jean}}}} how's your pinkies? my stab as fine till I forgot and stuck it in some whites I had bleach in. Thanks for Decorah scaps, I love that cam too. Glad you liked my shots GF. Hehe to you losing a day then finding it, I have 9 now!!!

Scott thanks for bears, kickoffs and sweet Chase

Elle I must get caught up with Ma and Pa, I know I seen one vid and commented

(need to get to Scott's and Linda's threads sometime)

my {{{{Tx}}}} thanks for wolves! mantles back atchya sweet GF

Tweet hoping for great outcome for Don! will be waiting for update after Doc visit. Nice looking intruder you had there at Ozarks, looks 3-ish to me too

Anna with a 4 hour walk!!

Linda you're welcome for sweet Rach the shopper. I remember that egret and fish from last night as I went by

thanks Nanc for helping with all this, you're a fuzzy peach! Any signs at all of improvement yet with ankle?

Anna, as for the BD cards and stuff here's what I suggest...if you can be creative and make one do it. If you can't then I think a lot of the ones we find are fairly safe. While this whole copyright thing is very real, the internet is vast and people are using things worldwide. What happened to Linda is horrible and I'd sure hate for it to happen to another Nestie soooooo....use good judgement is the best I can say

ok I'm up to the show notes, have said Hi to Starr and Grody, seen sweet Jean's show scaps, my Tx's ohhh so cute show note for me!! and SS thanking for show and mystery bird and Scott saying Hi and Starrs collage, Judys greet and thanks for show,

caught up to bottom of page 3! One third down Green LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{{{{{{my Tx and Nanc}}}}} thanks for help offer, I think we're fine

you're welcome SS, no dinky, no Merlin hehe

Scott thanks for that bears ice sculpture and kick off

sweet {{{{Jean}}}} yes to keyboard and not feeling too bad today, I asked about your pinkies in last notes. Wow to that place mary jo and art were going. Hope you're having fun with Sammie Sue. omggg to her playing with lion cub! I hope they have pics too!!

Mornin' Judy and Kathy...hehe lots of trouble I hope Kathy!!

good day wishes back atchya my Tx

Hi to Linda off to work

Anna - I didn't remove anything but BOTD from our thread

{{{{{{{Sue}}}}}}}}!! I'm sure I posted to you but you need another mantle anyway. Hope you got out for some fresh air GF

Hi Starr, thanks for NGB there's sure lots of action there and hope that he's chosen his Mrs. I'm sure you had a Super Bowl great time!

whewwwwwww {{{{Rose}}}} I'm finally getting to check all the festival and sweet Diva shots! Terrific shots and a great day had by all!!! I bet you're some happy you went now! woooooohooooooo 75,000 pts! You did an awesome job bringing us along

awwwwwww and there's my love Beau!!! he is just so sweet in the face, I so love him sweet {{{{Jean}}}}! 75,000 pts for those shots! I tried to lighten up the "pose for Lori" cam shot, not too bad now right?

Ohhhh Anna I love your Snipe! When I see a bird like that it makes me think of the Woodcock mating dance and crack up! They're really neat huh? love the wren and snow moles heheee

love that shot of Einstein Judy, the place looks great as it is!

thanks for FSV vid Donna! all youtube vids are safe to post. No permission required.

me too Kath! little cutie and snowman

bottom of page 6! two thirds down one to go! Green LOL

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 12:56 PM EST  
elle

Good Monday morning.

I am still not sure what images we are allowed to post and what we are not allowed to post so ..................just images I have taken myself to be safe.

Woohoo, Belle and Smitty. It won't be long for Ma and Pa too!

muddy: Chase will be mowing the lawn this summerGrin

Lori and others who comment on YouTube. Thanks so much. I appreciate it but don't know how to reply :ds: So, thanks.

A couple of sunny days and then a few of rain and cloud so I am not sure I will be able to check on Ma and Pa again until later this week. I expect I'll be making another fish delivery to WildArc for the pelican, though. Too bad I can't see him but I understand the need to keep him stress free. They got another otter this week too but it sounds like it was in really bad shape. Sad So much sadness.

Out TTYL. :-*hug to all.

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 01:00 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Elle when you're logged in to youtube just go to the comments below and you'll see reply right there.

Look this is easy.... DO NOT use any other photographers photos that is called plagerism! Particularly if they have their own website or blog, then odds are good they're copyrighted and they make money from their shots. That is where the trouble is. If there's no watermark or name on it then who knows but don't take chances here! The one photog that caused all this may have told others he/she knows and we don't know who's watching. We have a bullseye on our back now like it or not

We all have cameras in one form or another. Use them. Think of things that you can make funny and shoot it. Shoot things you think would make a nice card. There's lots we can do all we have to do is think instead of using someone elses thinking or work. I don't mean to sound harsh but this does not need to be complicated. If HWF gets more threats and we're the cause you can say goodbye to our nest and the 'relaxation area' and we won't be able to blame them!

also as Judy talked about...Microsoft has royalty-free images. Use their site, just search 'royalty-free images'

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 01:09 PM EST  
garyandjudi

Morning Nestmates I couldn't get on before now as Gary was in the computer looking for a job...sohe was very busy on the computer this morningPhew

Texas love your morning sunrise fotos :thumrht:Left thumb up

Talk about frost Jeannie now this was our front lawn and the two vehicles this morning
Click on image to download

Love your little Chase Scotthe's a sweetie WubClapping

Mum Decorah looking great this AM Dede Left thumb upCheers

Thinking of Don Tweets hope he has a speedy recovery fingers crossed

If I recall Smitty's the eagle that chased away Belle's last mate when he was trying to provide and bring food to Belle for her chick that starved to death last season.....hope I have the right nestWooh I believe Smitty is very young like 5 or 6 and Belle is older like 10 or so....hope I'm right or am I at the wrong nest:question:Oh the shame
Wow Lori wheres the resting after catching up to all the EA old posts please relax a little 50,000 points for catchup red

bbl
back and great forgot to upload my fotos of the morning frost

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: Bornin55 (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 01:51 PM EST  
Bornin55

Hi Nestmates
Thank you all for the comments on my Eagle Watch Pics & my sweet
little Rachie.

I got a picture on Saturday of some kind of nest and I'm wondering if
anyone has ever seen anything like it and would know what kind of bird
would use it.

Mystery Nest

Scott...I love the picture of sweet little Chase. Rachel learned to walk by
using a similiar one of those little vehicles. They're a great little toy for
helping them to get around until they can go on their own.

Tweets....I'm Praying for Don's speedy recovery.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Big Hugs
Rose

Rose
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Member since August 2006

Forum

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Profile     PM

By: Bornin55 (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 02:05 PM EST  
Bornin55

Hi {{{{{{{{{{{{Lori}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thanks for all your hard work in straightening out this copyright stuff.
One site that I use for greetings cards is called Dazzle Junction. They also
have tons & tons of other graphics and clip art. www.dazzlejunction.com

This is their Welcome Statement
Welcome to Dazzle Junction! We offer a nice variety of free images, pictures, glitter graphics, themes, layouts, and backgrounds for your profile page.

To share our graphics on facebook, click on the "Share on Facebook" button under the graphic you want to share. A window will open and you can choose to share on your own wall, on a friends wall, in a group, or as a private message. You can write a note on top if you want. Graphic codes are free and can be used on Myspace, blogs, forums and many other social networking sites, such as tagged and myyearbook.

Use our CSS Background Codes on many sites and choose themes for popular social sites like Myspace, Witty Profiles, and Friend Project. You will also find Tumblr Backgrounds, Twitter Backgrounds and Formspring Backgrounds. We still have thousands of graphics and comments for your profile, personal website or blog.

I'm assuming that it is okay to continue to use this site, if it isn't please let me know.
Thanks
Big Hugs

Rose
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Member since August 2006

Forum

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 02:17 PM EST  
yalitldevl

{{{{{{{Rose}}}}}}}} hug that's awesome and I suggest you keep that welcome statement. Everybody needs to go to that link and save in your "favs" file. I'm going to make a folder called "safe to use sites" and add to it when anybody finds one. That's yours and Microsoft we have already.

I believe Scott also found a site like it and he'll post it I'm sure and that will make 3 sites! That is what we all need to do!

here's my DONT example for ya'll to get your brains around. This shot is from Shutterstock. That's a company making money, look at how many images they OWN and charge people to legally use! That one month costs 249.00 U.S.! and you get 25 email hi-res shots a day for one month. That works out to $3 an image! Now I don't know about you, but I have seen there stuff in my google searches many many times and they have a watermark or the website right on the pics, graphics, cartoons you name it! I've wanted lots of them and said "nuts!" cause of that big watermark over it!

This is exactly why this issue is such a tough one!!

here's a shot of my favs (that third site in mine is the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Digital Library packed with critters and birds. When you do use their photo be sure to type out the following..."credit USFWS"

I've tried doing nests of my own Rose and I bite at it so no ideas from me, sorry GF

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Monday, February 06 2012 @ 03:02 PM EST  
anna-holland

Good morning all,

Lori, oh you take only care of the BOTD Phew When I read your text I thought you delete ALL cards etc. Thats why I say stop Green LOL well, go on then Wink
Now on top of fixing 101 we have to go through ALL the past EA posts and remove questionable material before it can be archived. A mere 2,579 pages!

Rose, that nest, :dunno: and thanks for the link :hello:

TX :hello:

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:22 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate